What's unique to Princess Cruises?

dinomac

Where do they serve the tea and scones????
In one of the dining rooms every afternoon at Tea. There'll be a notice in the Patter every evening.

Very few cruiselines have anything that's truly "unique" but some do things better than others. The Afternoon Tea is great and the pizza is probably the best on any cruise ship.

A couple of things I think are unique is the "Ultimate Ship's Tour" which is a 3 - 4 hour tour of the major ship's departments and behind-the-scenes looks; in the dining room in the evening, the Table Captains make a special pasta in their sections that are wonderful; and a Book Club.

We've never cruised with Princess before, what are the unique activities, foods, fun things and anything else to look forward to?

Lets see if I can get them all in one post,

-First all the pools are fresh water (already mentioned)

-The International Cafe..Everything is no charge..desserts, fresh baked cookies, breakfast muffin, salads, sandwiches, olives, cheese etc.

-Coffee bar connected to the Cafe...Best deal..buy a coffee card $24 total gives you 15 any kind of specialty coffees, large size sells for $3, and fresh brewed coffee (as much as you want all day) for no charge with coffee card.

-Vines wine bar, maybe not exclusive but they serve topas and sushi for NO Charge. Nice selection of wine priced as you would buy in a restaurant.

-Chefs dinner (already mentioned) for a fee ($75pp) but everyone raves about it.

-You can eat ANY time you want. Yes food 24 hrs. Many other lines shut food down some times of the day or night. You can always get something on Princess.

-Sabatini's! Never been on a ship with a restaurant like it! Just eat lite before dining there!($20 cover charge..worth every penny). Just had the BEST Sea bass I ever had in any restaurant at Sabatini's.

-Smiles...the crew is always very friendly all through the ship.

-MUTS...(already mentioned) really is excellent. Sound and site is great and usually always something playing worth watching.

-Just an overall nice atmosphere and cruising experience. Having cruised RCC, Celebrity and Carnival, Princess in our humble opinion is just a notch above.

-Hopefully someone else can charm in on things I missed as most cruise lines are very good to begin with and have about the same activities going on in ship.

-The International Cafe..Everything is no charge..desserts, fresh baked cookies, breakfast muffin, salads, sandwiches, olives, cheese etc.

The Princess website says "nominal charge" next to International Cafe in their dining options section :confused:

The Princess website says "nominal charge" next to International Cafe in their dining options section :confused:

There are a couple of items that have a charge... and I can't, for the life of me at this moment, think of what they were...:p

There may be a few of these aspects that are missing on some of the ships (such as MUTS), but for the most part, going on Princess has a different feel than others. I love the idea that you can go to the Horizon Court at any time (at least on the ships I've been on), that you can choose between traditional (which I prefer) and anytime dining when you book, that the decor doesn't scream out at you. The Patters is full of activities that you can choose from (or just relax) and nighttime entertainment.

Archived