NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Yes, she did get her jersey autographed. Logan is really a nice kid. He stopped on his way to the locker room to sign several autographs.

Carl, I see your green light! We lost...major bummer! Enjoy your Sunday!

Hello Yvonne!

I'm sorry to hear about your car problem; can you get a deal from your work? Patrick and I both have Honda's: 2004 Accord (moi) & 1995 Civic (his). We both have found that our cars have been very dependable and overall good on gas mileage. I don't think that the price of gasoline once it hits over $4.00 per gallon is ever going down again. I really feel that we are once again getting manipulated by the big gas companies. Anyhow, we have many friends too who are very happy with their Hondas.

When we went to a car show last year I was impressed with the hybrid Ford Fusion that I think said it would get 70+ miles per gallon. Another friend loves her Honda Fit but not sure that it gets better gas mileage than the Civic.

Yvonne is this the first cruise for your kids? How special that they want to accompany you! FYI, would you splurge on a big family suite?

...the birthday was for a friend: Patrick had his birthday on GroundHog Day and mine isn't until November. DO you have any celebrations coming up? We should try to coordinate something in the near future.

Enjoy your Sunday!

I agree with Janice that Honda makes a great car. Great track record, and reasonable to repair and maintain. However.....I work for a Volvo dealer, so I'm real partial to Volvo.:rolleyes: The new S60 is probably the best new car Volvo has right now.

I agree with Janice that Honda makes a great car. Great track record, and reasonable to repair and maintain. However.....I work for a Volvo dealer, so I'm real partial to Volvo.:rolleyes: The new S60 is probably the best new car Volvo has right now.

Carl, oh my dream car was the Volvo S60 but when I was doing my research and called an independent reputable local repair shop he talked me out of it. I believe that Ford had just taken over the Volvo brand (are they still involved)? He talked about the expense for basic service, other service, there was an issue in 2004 forget what. I valued the honesty of that service manager.

Last year I had the opportunity to upgrade a rental car and got the S60 which I loved driving; heading out to San Luis Obispo so that was a great test drive!

Yeah, not too happy tonight:(

You're being a night owl tonight?

Well we ate at the Five Guys tonight and I had the Sweet Green Tea that I love and I guess wasn't sleepy. I didn't think that caffeine really affected me like that...still bummed out about the loss!

hello to everyone here -

Yvonne - don't know if I ever asked you what your birthdays are - we just like to say Happy Happy Day on birthdays and anniversaries - no years necessary! ha!ha! just month and days...

I love Five Guys Janice - glad they have one in pleasant hill near us, kinda' -- and one in Fremont near my Mom's -

Nice that your kids are joining you Yvonne - we are excited that our nephew and his wife are coming with us too - i love those two a lot and looking forward to being with them -

Carl - enjoy those games!

I love Mercedes's - can't afford them but I love them - Volvo's are nice too - Yes, Janice the Ford Fusion is popular now - we ended up with my Nissan Altima cuz Narce needed the leg room not that he's tall, he's not even 6' - but he likes stretching out... and it's a good car for my grocery shopping - simple to drive, not small not big, cheap enough for me to afford - one of these days I'll get my luxury car cuz I figure I am an old lady and I should have one! but I don't have the $$ so what am I thinking of!! ha!ha! I wanted to get a 2 door Honda Civic when we were shopping for my car but I got out voted cuz hubby wanted the 4 doors - we have never had a 4=door car so he wanted one. Unless the 1/2 doors in the big truck he has that goes to the backseat without putting down the front seats counts as extra doors?

will try to have a constructive day - tho' gloomy dreary and just plain depressing - oh! it's almost over too!! carol

hello to everyone here -

Yvonne - don't know if I ever asked you what your birthdays are - we just like to say Happy Happy Day on birthdays and anniversaries - no years necessary! ha!ha! just month and days...

I love Five Guys Janice - glad they have one in pleasant hill near us, kinda' -- and one in Fremont near my Mom's -

Nice that your kids are joining you Yvonne - we are excited that our nephew and his wife are coming with us too - i love those two a lot and looking forward to being with them -

Carl - enjoy those games!

I love Mercedes's - can't afford them but I love them - Volvo's are nice too - Yes, Janice the Ford Fusion is popular now - we ended up with my Nissan Altima cuz Narce needed the leg room not that he's tall, he's not even 6' - but he likes stretching out... and it's a good car for my grocery shopping - simple to drive, not small not big, cheap enough for me to afford - one of these days I'll get my luxury car cuz I figure I am an old lady and I should have one! but I don't have the $$ so what am I thinking of!! ha!ha! I wanted to get a 2 door Honda Civic when we were shopping for my car but I got out voted cuz hubby wanted the 4 doors - we have never had a 4=door car so he wanted one. Unless the 1/2 doors in the big truck he has that goes to the backseat without putting down the front seats counts as extra doors?

will try to have a constructive day - tho' gloomy dreary and just plain depressing - oh! it's almost over too!! carol

Carol & Yvonne,

Because I used to rent cars quite frequently, for longer getaways, I got to know the Enterprise manager. One time he offered us an upgrade since he had a number of Mercedes; we opted for the smaller C350. We were really impressed with the mileage & the extra zip. I wish I could afford one...then you have to factor in auto insurance which I know is based on the car type. OH TO BE WEALTHY!

Carl, oh my dream car was the Volvo S60 but when I was doing my research and called an independent reputable local repair shop he talked me out of it. I believe that Ford had just taken over the Volvo brand (are they still involved)? He talked about the expense for basic service, other service, there was an issue in 2004 forget what. I valued the honesty of that service manager.

Last year I had the opportunity to upgrade a rental car and got the S60 which I loved driving; heading out to San Luis Obispo so that was a great test drive!

Karen drives a 2002 S60. She loves that car. We've had really no problems outside the warranty period. It's made many, many trips to San Pedro square to see our boys battle;)

Actually, Ford just sold Volvo to a Chinese company. Sorry, but I don't even know the name. Ford used Volvo for a lot of their technolgy, and safety. In turn, Ford invested money into Volvo to improve their styling and marketing.

Yes, 5 guys is a burger joint - and the one in Fremont is near Claim jumpers, etc.. in that complex - don't know my streets or directions!

I thought Honda was also based in Mexico, at least that's what one saleperson told us - so wonder where and who is making Lexus now?

and Yes, I love those smaller Mercedes's too - the S350's - my niece just got one and she loves it - lucky for her, her dad bought it for her -

Well, at least it's calm now = last night it was so windy here that I thought my house would blow away = land in your part of the bay area!!

(that would be good for me!! ha!ha!)

carol

Karen drives a 2002 S60. She loves that car. We've had really no problems outside the warranty period. It's made many, many trips to San Pedro square to see our boys battle;)

Actually, Ford just sold Volvo to a Chinese company. Sorry, but I don't even know the name. Ford used Volvo for a lot of their technolgy, and safety. In turn, Ford invested money into Volvo to improve their styling and marketing.

Isn't the 2002 model pre=Ford ? I wonder what is going to happen to the quality of the Volvo's going forward? Volvo always had the reputation for safety!

So, 5 Guys is kinda like in n out burger? The nearest to me is Fremont. Don't you just love the Johnny Rockets on RCCL?

BTW, if I could buy ANY car. It would probably be Mercedes, possible BMW.:cool:

The Fremont one is on Auto Mall in the same area that has PF Changs and some other restaurants. Claim Jumpers is across the street...the Pacific Common Mall (think that is what it is called) is spread out. They also have Lowe's, Costco, DSW, Rubio's, Panera Bread etc. San Jose's 5 Guys is located off of Curtner in "The Plant"; again many restaurant choices there too.

I think I would love a Mercedes too if I could afford the cost and upkeep...

Twice now I have typed out a post then needed to leave before I finished so I am going to write this short and sweet.

I would love to have a new Mercedes Benz yet I too can not afford the up keep.

We started our car searching looking at a beautiful 2009 Honda Accord with very low mileage. The one I found was sold before we were able to go see it. I soon realized they are pretty expensive and hold their value so even a pre-owned one was expensive. We looked at comparables to the Honda which were Toyota, Mazda, VW, Ford Fusion & Focus.

After test driving a few cars and comparing overall gas mileage, maintenance cost, and purchase cost we ended up with a 2011 VW Jetta Turbo Diesel. So far Don is totally thrilled with the purchase.

Carol my birthday is April 1st and my anniversary is April 8th.

We are spending Fri-Sun nights next weekend dog sitting in Discovery Bay. Our son and family are heading to Disneyland.

I better end this post here before I lose it all again. I hope you all are doing fine the sun is finally shinning here in Palo Alto.

Edited by SANJOSEGAL

Thanx Yvonne - will note the special days -

getting ready for Narce's homecoming so doing a few last min things, like dusting, some laundry, etc... I keep getting sidetracked like a visit from a girlfriend just now, news on TV, mail to read and ponder on - etc etc... be back later........ oh - Congrats on the new car - Jetta's are good looking cars - passet, etc... anything that's good with gas and looks good is ideal - c.

Twice now I have typed out a post then needed to leave before I finished so I am going to write this short and sweet.

I would love to have a new Mercedes Benz yet I too can not afford the up keep.

We started our car searching looking at a beautiful 2009 Honda Accord with very low mileage. The one I found was sold before we were able to go see it. I soon realized they are pretty expensive and hold their value so even a pre-owned one was expensive. We looked at comparables to the Honda which were Toyota, Mazda, VW, Ford Fusion & Focus.

After test driving a few cars and comparing overall gas mileage, maintenance cost, and purchase cost we ended up with a 2011 VW Jetta Turbo Diesel. So far Don is totally thrilled with the purchase.

Carol my birthday is April 1st and my anniversary is April 8th.

We are spending Fri-Sun nights next weekend dog sitting in Discovery Bay. Our son and family are heading to Disneyland.

I better end this post here before I lose it all again. I hope you all are doing fine the sun is finally shinning here in Palo Alto.

Yvonne,

We have a friend who was looking at a VW diesel; not certain what model though. I think he talked himself out of the diesel because of the noise (or so he said). Congratulations on your new car...one less thing to stress about.

Have a fun weekend pet sitting...that is so sweet of you! Have a good week; good hearing from you!

Carl, these overtime games are killing me...THEY DID IT! Thank you to Patrick; once he took possession I knew he would do it!

Now I can breathe and go to bed!

I couldn't believe he did it again! Not one of their best games, but got the win.

I couldn't believe he did it again! Not one of their best games, but got the win.

Carl, well they did earn two points! Now if the others can loose some ground that would be nice. However, what counts is that they get into the playoffs & stay hot and bring the CUP to San Jose!

Thanx Yvonne - will note the special days -

getting ready for Narce's homecoming so doing a few last min things, like dusting, some laundry, etc... I keep getting sidetracked like a visit from a girlfriend just now, news on TV, mail to read and ponder on - etc etc... be back later........

Hey Carol so when does Narce get back? or is he home already and how is his dad doing? I hope he is doing better.

I have been having a crazy few days because we decided to change our upcoming cruise on the Dream. I found another cruise that was more appealing to my family so I changed our reservation. The very day after I made the change I received a email from Carnival saying they are eliminating one of the stops (Puerto Rico) on my new cruise. I read from another thread that I had 24 hrs to make changes to my cruise without penalty since I booked a Early Saver fare. Of course Carnival never said a word about that. This morning I called Carnival a booked another cruise that at this time includes Puerto Rico.

I also read on a thread that Puerto Rico is being temporarily

eliminated due to construction on the port in PR. Ships can go out just not in. So there is always the possibility that I will get a email stating that PR is now cancelled on my new cruise.

Of course all this led to a change in not only my cruise but hotel rooms, flights, excursions, etc. So needless to say its been keeping me on my toes.

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][quote name='corkey'][SIZE=3]Thanx Yvonne - will note the special days -[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]getting ready for Narce's homecoming so doing a few last min things, like dusting, some laundry, etc... I keep getting sidetracked like a visit from a girlfriend just now, news on TV, mail to read and ponder on - etc etc... be back later........ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Hey Carol so when does Narce get back? or is he home already and how is his dad doing? I hope he is doing better.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I have been having a crazy few days because we decided to change our upcoming cruise on the Dream. I found another cruise that was more appealing to my family so I changed our reservation. The very day after I made the change I received a email from Carnival saying they are eliminating one of the stops (Puerto Rico) on my new cruise. I read from another thread that I had 24 hrs to make changes to my cruise without penalty since I booked a Early Saver fare. Of course Carnival never said a word about that. This morning I called Carnival a booked another cruise that at this time includes Puerto Rico.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I also read on a thread that Puerto Rico is being temporarily[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]eliminat[/SIZE][SIZE=3]ed due to construction on the port in PR. Ships can go out just not in. So there is always the possibility that I will get a email stating that PR is now cancelled on my new cruise.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Of course all this led to a change in not only my cruise but hotel rooms, flights, excursions, etc. So needless to say its been keeping me on my toes. [/SIZE]
[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Hello Yvonne![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Yikes you must have stressed over this...I know that I would have if I were in your situation. FYI, a heads up that itineraries can change [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]even on board. We had a medical emergency on our Explorer of the Seas cruise three years ago and they eliminated our stop in Bermuda. That was one of the main reasons we were on that sailing. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Unfortunately that itinerary change messed up three couples wedding plans; they had planned on getting married on Bermuda. Friends and famililes had flown in so they could participate...that would be heartbreaking.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Then on this same sailing we were in San Juan and were on a tour that also included the Bacardi factory well that morning something happened there too so no FREE RUM. I came back to the ship and said everything a "B" was a bust and bummer big time![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Hope you have fun weekend plans. Yvonne, you should be grateful that you booked your air on SWA since they don't have any penalties...OH speaking of SWA do you know when they are opening up the next booking period?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][quote name='SANJOSEGAL']
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]OH speaking of SWA do you know when they are opening up the next booking period?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

On March 14, we will open our schedule for sale through November 4, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][quote name='barnismom']

On March 14, we will open our schedule for sale through November 4, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Yvonne,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Thank you for the heads up! THIS HELPS tremendously. FYI, if you are in the area we are heading to Famous Dave's tomorrow evening![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][quote name='SANJOSEGAL']
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Yvonne,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Thank you for the heads up! THIS HELPS tremendously. FYI, if you are in the area we are heading to Famous Dave's tomorrow evening![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]Janice we will be in Discovery Bay all weekend dog sitting. Thank you for the offer to meet for dinner. Hopefully one day soon our schedules will work for a dinner date. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][quote name='barnismom']

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]Janice we will be in Discovery Bay all weekend dog sitting. Thank you for the offer to meet for dinner. Hopefully one day soon our schedules will work for a dinner date. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Yvonne, I forgot you mentioneg that before...enjoy your weekend dog sitting; lucky baby![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]FYI, I am now stuffed but brought home some ribs and corn bread muffin.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]