Couldn't Post most of the day :(

Same issue here. I also got the virus warning earlier in the week. One thing I noticed is everything is not loading... as I am writing this, there are 27 items left to load.... the current one looks like a gif file.

I have no idea what a gif file is...but I agree because it does not fully load....still 28 items remaining!

I went to bed last night and all was fine. This morning everything is funky. I'm on Firefox not sure what version - my DH may have upgraded to 3.6. DH upgraded our anti-virus software to Norton yesterday afternoon, but things were still ok. Something happened during the night. At least I have the words for what all the buttons are, just not the icons.

I knew not to click on this but it still went to the site when I tried to close it. Good thing, I have antivirus software!

At work we are told if we have anything like this pop up, to go to the task manager and close it that way. If you click anywhere on the box (even the close out button) that activates the virus/worm/whatever nasty they are using.

Guys, I'm on ie and other than a few minutes yesterday morning, I have not had any problems. Haven't had any boxes pop up at all.

Most likely this is NOT a virus but instead a cc server issue, especially since we have computers of all types having the problem AND different browsers being affected.

It's more a configuration thing for the difference in display between IE and Firefox.

To make things simpler, I'd suggest any IE user go to: Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced, then scroll down the list (about 2/3 down) and enable "Show Image Download Placeholders"

You'll then see where the button should be, and what button it's trying to load, although the images still aren't on the cruisecritic server. This setting is global but generally a good thing for other sites imo as well.

I have an X and the writing for the buttons back. Still no normal looking pages, threads, fonts, colors or side smilies but it is a start.

I am also running IE 8.

EDIT: And I just got my edit buttom back. ;)

Guys, I'm on ie and other than a few minutes yesterday morning, I have not had any problems. Haven't had any boxes pop up at all.

Most likely this is NOT a virus but instead a cc server issue, especially since we have computers of all types having the problem AND different browsers being affected.

This is NOT a virus problem. The virus "incident" was last Wednesday evening. There was a banner notice about the virus incident the next morning which is gone now.

The missing buttons and such are a Cruise Critic thing....other internet websites are working fine. :) Two different issues.

I have an X and the writing for the buttons back. Still no normal looking pages, threads, fonts, colors or side smilies but it is a start.

I am also running IE 8.

EDIT: And I just got my edit button back. ;)

I meant button, not buttom as in my above post.. :D

Edit 2: I do not have any problems anywhere else on my computer, or on any other websites.

My buttons have now completely disappeared. On my computer w/ Firefox, I can't even mouse over where the buttons are. All I can do is read. On this computer, my laptop, I can at least mouse over the invisible buttons.

Why is this slowly happening to more and more members?

What is really odd is that the icons seems to disappear and format changes midpost.

The problem I'm having is that the page never completely loads. The last 29 or so items are very slow to load. As they slowly load 1 by 1, the view does change like you mention.

Archived