Downtown miami hilton

FIRE CHIEF BUBBA

My family stayed at the Hilton downtown last year and we loved it. Were upgraded at check in to a Jr. Suite and it was beautiful. Very clean, lots of room, and the views were just beautiful, we could see the ships and all of downtown. The only thing I would mention is that you probably would not want to be walking around at night because this hotel borders a part of downtown that is still being developed. Other than that it has a wonderful roof pool and we had a free cont breakfast. All in all a great stay.... so much so that my kids asked to stay there again this year pre-cruise! Oh yes the cab fare was $12.00 to the port and there is a Walgreens on the way if you want to stop. Last year we walked thru the hotel thru to a little mall and under a parking garage to buy water and gum and stuff, too much walking and far too dark in the parking garage,plus it was over priced. this year we will just stop at the Walgreens on the way like all my friends have done in the past. hope this helped!:):):)

Thanks for the info cardancer4, we have this hotel booked pre-cruise in May. Glad to know you were happy with it. Also, thanks for the warning about walking around at night, that won't be a problem, I'm sure we'll turn in early as we'll probably be exhausted!

Wife and I stayed at this hotel last November, and really enjoyed it. Had a lovely view of the city and the port, was just a pity no ships came in until the day we were leaving for our cruise.

Whilst I agree that walking around at night can be a bit precarious, we didn't feel overly threatened. We took the monorail from the station just around the corner from the hotel to Bayside (well say Bayside, had to come from a side street and across Biscayne Blvd to get to it!), and it felt alright to do that, and being British, sure we stuck out like a sore thumb.

If I remember rightly, opposite Bayside, there's a Walgreens which had recently opened.

ScrozUK

Wishing he was back in Miami

Archived