Ice show and ice rink

I have read different posts about whether you have to get tickets for the show in advance, what is the situation for the Independence? Also, as it is only a three night cruise will there definitely be an ice show?

As for the ice rink what are the opening times? Is boot hire etc complementary? Is there a limited time on the ice and specific sessions or can you just pitch up and get to skate? Is there a minimum age? Emily is 5 and Oliver will be 8. Should the children have gloves etc?

It appears to be "ship dependent" ... on the FOS we picked up tickets on the Royal Promenade. I believe there were plenty available. They just didn't want everyone to show up at the same time.

The ice rink seems to have very limited hours so the performers have time to practice. The cost of the skate rental is included in your fare. However, please make sure your kids have long pants. They are not allowed to skate in shorts.

Enjoy your trip. I had no idea the Indy was doing a 3 nighter!

It appears to be "ship dependent" ... on the FOS we picked up tickets on the Royal Promenade. I believe there were plenty available. They just didn't want everyone to show up at the same time.

The ice rink seems to have very limited hours so the performers have time to practice. The cost of the skate rental is included in your fare. However, please make sure your kids have long pants. They are not allowed to skate in shorts.

Enjoy your trip. I had no idea the Indy was doing a 3 nighter!

Thank you. In fact before our cruise the Indy is doing a four night cruise from Southampton to Ireland, so in theory you could do a B2B for the total of 7 nights if you what to boost your cruise credits!

This will be our children's first cruise and my first on Royal Caribbean so I think we are lucky that we have the opportunity to sail such a beautiful ship and for the dates to be in half-term.

I have read different posts about whether you have to get tickets for the show in advance, what is the situation for the Independence? Also, as it is only a three night cruise will there definitely be an ice show?

As for the ice rink what are the opening times? Is boot hire etc complementary? Is there a limited time on the ice and specific sessions or can you just pitch up and get to skate? Is there a minimum age? Emily is 5 and Oliver will be 8. Should the children have gloves etc?

On Indy to Cork last year tickets for the Ice Show were available in advance. Sorry, I can't remember where we got them from - my daughter went to get them for us. You will find all the information you need re getting tickets in the Cruise Compass which is delivered to your cabin daily. There will be 2 queues for the show ... the queue with tickets and the queue without tickets. Both queues got in to see the show but the former were let in first! So really you don't have to get tickets in advance but I would just to be on the safe side as your cruise is a short one and there will be less performances to go round.

Re skating sessions, we were dissapointed with opening times. There weren't many sessions and found the times quite limited. Again check out the Cruise Compass for opening times so you don't miss out. You will need to sign a waiver and give permission for your children to skate before they are allowed on the ice. The childrens Set Sail Passes will be punched and they will be given a wristband. There was quite a queue for the first session and I was suprised at the number of people waiting for the Rink to open. Get there early as they don't allow lots of people on the ice at the same time. Boot hire is free, 5 & 8 years olds will have no problem being allwoed to skate. Gloves may be a good idea, that's really up to you - the only clothing restriction is that you must wear long long trousers. Sessions are 45 minutes.

Archived