Your thoughts please!

Tillylovesseabourn

I am looking into a SS cruise for next year with an air promo included, however,we would like to upgrade and travel business class from the uk. For this there is a special business air promo rate of £2199 to upgrade.

However, I can get the flights for cheaper than this if I buy them separately of the cruise, direct from the airline. Therefore I am struggling to find where the air promotion is, if it costs more than the airline are selling tickets for?

Has anyone else found this to be the case? Is there any way I can buy my flights separately and get a discount off the cruise?

Your thoughts please.

I am looking into a SS cruise for next year with an air promo included, however,we would like to upgrade and travel business class from the uk. For this there is a special business air promo rate of £2199 to upgrade.

However, I can get the flights for cheaper than this if I buy them separately of the cruise, direct from the airline. Therefore I am struggling to find where the air promotion is, if it costs more than the airline are selling tickets for?

Has anyone else found this to be the case? Is there any way I can buy my flights separately and get a discount off the cruise?

Your thoughts please.

We had exactly the same issue with our SS booking for a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale for later this year. The TA quoted a ridiculous price for upgrades( much more than the actual fare for booking directly with the airline). But they did offer us a £300 reduction off the package cost if we booked cruise only. We would forfeit transfers and overnight accomodation. But even more importantly, this would lose the protection afforded by the "Package Regulations". It appears that Silversea Air Department is inflexible. Another TA could offer me the same package with flexibility on flights ( ie ability to upgrade) which had the benefit of PR cover but the price was much more expensive. I will be trying to negotiate upgrades seperately with the airline. You may feel that PR protection is important in todays uncertain times with airlines.

Thanks for your helpful replies!

I have gone with SS for the flights they were about £ 50 more but included tfr's. I spoke to the TA and SS wouldnt offer any alternative arrangements ie reduction in original costs/ onboard credits. They did talk about the safety of the package, and with British Airways as they are at the moment you cant be too careful! So I figured the package offered full protection, and all liabilities for the flights then STAY with SS. So its off to Barbados for a cruise and then to Sandy Lane!!:D:D

Thanks for your helpful replies!

I have gone with SS for the flights they were about £ 50 more but included tfr's. I spoke to the TA and SS wouldnt offer any alternative arrangements ie reduction in original costs/ onboard credits. They did talk about the safety of the package, and with British Airways as they are at the moment you cant be too careful! So I figured the package offered full protection, and all liabilities for the flights then STAY with SS. So its off to Barbados for a cruise and then to Sandy Lane!!:D:D

That was exactly my logic for sticking with the SS package. Given the volatility of airlines, you may get stuck at Sandy Lane. Quelle domage! :D

Archived