BOSTON - Black Falcon pier near World Trade Center?

sable1

We need a place to stay one night before Maasdam July 16th cruise.

Looking at Priceline's map and hotels am wondering if a hotel in the WTC area would be closer to the pier than one in downtown area?

Any suggestions on inexpensive lodging for the one night, around $50. Don't need fancy.

Thanks for your help.

Joanne, the chocoholic

Hi sable1,

Saw your post about lodging in Boston. Here's a website for you to check out:

http://www.bestnewenglandhotels.com/MA/MA_htls_HEboston.html

The Holiday Inn offers a free shuttle to both the pier and airport. Don't know what the prices are. Boston hotels are very expensive and especially during the height of the tourist season. A free shuttle would be a big plus. You may have a difficult time finding anything around $50.00. Check out Holiday Inn though. Let me know if I can help you further. Are you planning to do any sightseeing before you cruise?

I don't live in Boston but am somewhat familiar with the area. We have cruised out of Black Falcon Pier.

we stayed at the Holiday Inn it is the closest to the airport, A nice place for the night they picked us up and took us to the pier, not sure but think it was about $109. for the night

Looking at Priceline's map and hotels am wondering if a hotel in the WTC area would be closer to the pier than one in downtown area?

Any suggestions on inexpensive lodging for the one night, around $50. Don't need fancy.

Thanks for your help.

Joanne, the chocoholic

To answer your first question, yes the hotels at the Seaport WTC are closer to the pier. But are expensive. Don't know how to get one of these through priceline but just be careful because there are also hotels in the general vacinity that you would NOT want to stay. The Holiday Inn is out on Maclellan Highway and once there, no where to go. They will pick you up at airport and as others advised, take you to the pier which is not far from the Holiday Inn. Believe me - you don't want any hotel room in Boston that cost $50 :D

• 3 weeks later...

I got The Boston Park Plaza Hotel from Priceline, in September, for $90. I really liked the area. You could walk to the park that has the Swan Boats and also to a lot of shopping and restaurants. I had thought of staying near the airport as that was all that I could find at a decent price, but this was a much better location. I know that taxi from the airport and again to go to the pier didn't cost all that much. There isn't much around the pier area. The bathrooms in the hotel are old, but the beds were great with nice white bed linens. I would definitely go back.

Thanks for the web site for H.I. Express. We went ahead and booked. Our flight arrives at about 7 AM July 15th so we will have the whole day before the cruise to rest. John wants to go to North End for lunch at an Italian restaurant we ate at before. I can't remember the name, but we will ask someone for a recommendation. It was written up in the local newspaper.

Then the next day take their shuttle to the pier. I think this will work for us very well.

Again, thank you for the suggestion.Happy sailing, Joanne

Your welcome, Sable1,

Enjoy your cruise. Glad you got accommodations @ HI. That should work great for you.

If you don't find the Italian restaurant you are looking for, we have eaten at G'Vanni's & the food is fabulous! Here's their website:

http://www.gvannis.com/index.html

It is on Prince Street. It is a teeny tiny place but very clean, excellent service and best of all, the food is great.

You can easily walk around the North End, visit Christopher Columbus Park, visit Paul Revere house (it's interesting but small). See how many children Paul Revere fathered!

Here's another website for you to check out also.

http://www.bostonvisitorsguide.com/

You may remember the name if you see it on the list. Enjoy.

Have a great cruise!

Mary

Thanks for your help.

Joanne, the chocoholic

Can you tell me what cruise lines go out of Boston

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We booked the Holiday Inn express through the "best New England hotels" website. It was $119 per night with pickup at the airport and shuttle to the pier. It is a short walk to the subway for sightseeing in Boston. I looked at many others and hope it works out. My family of 4 is sailing on the Maasdam in 19 days! We are excited!

Archived