Price Reduction

bluehenfan

My previous 3 cruises on Carnival I used Early Saver. This time I'm using Past Guest. Just noticed price on our Sept. cruise has gone down a bit. As long as I haven't made final payment, can I request reduced rate? Do I just call my PVP ? I knew how to get adjustment using ES rate, but wasn't sure how PG rate works. I appreciate your help.

On Past guest they told me they only give an upgrade, no obc. Well did not work for us since we are already in gs. She told us we were just out of luck. Go figure. She said they did this about 1 1/2 yrs ago. If you get a obc let me know I will call and raise cain. LOL!!!

On Past guest they told me they only give an upgrade, no obc. Well did not work for us since we are already in gs. She told us we were just out of luck. Go figure. She said they did this about 1 1/2 yrs ago. If you get a obc let me know I will call and raise cain. LOL!!!

If you're booked Past guest:

Prior to final payment, you should get a price adjustment.

After final payment you can only get an upgrade, if available.

ken

I have been wondering the same thing. When my friend booked our cruise she asked the PVP if she booked the ES rate and paid off the cruise would we then be eligible for a price drop refund or OBC. He told her sure...but I wonder if that is correct?

OP isnt out of luck, because they are prior to final payment...whoever told you only upgrades, was talking about once you are past final payment.

My previous 3 cruises on Carnival I used Early Saver. This time I'm using Past Guest. Just noticed price on our Sept. cruise has gone down a bit. As long as I haven't made final payment, can I request reduced rate? Do I just call my PVP ? I knew how to get adjustment using ES rate, but wasn't sure how PG rate works. I appreciate your help.

NOthing to do with the subject but I am a big time Bluehenfan too!! GO UD!! I hope they have a good football season this year.

I have been wondering the same thing. When my friend booked our cruise she asked the PVP if she booked the ES rate and paid off the cruise would we then be eligible for a price drop refund or OBC. He told her sure...but I wonder if that is correct?

You booked ES, you will get an OBC up to two days before your cruise.:D

(Refund if its before your final payment)

I am new to Carnival and I see PVP a lot in posts but do not know what it stands for. I assume it's the equivilent of a travel agent???

Mtemple, the PVP is the personal vacation planner that is a carnival rep. your dealing directly with the cruise line. TA is for an outside travel agent that works on commission. and sometimes you can get "free" stuff. but the final best price is thru carnival.

The rate's their talking about is Early Saver. you get a better discount, BUT, you can not cancel your cruise. can not change names (ALWAYS verify your booking documents with whoever you use!) you can change it for a $50.00 fee per person if you have to before final payment. The advantage of ES is that up to 2 days before your cruise if your exact cabin/class goes down in price you can submit a price adjustment form and if its before final payment, you get that deducted off your cruise total. if its after you've paid your cruise in full, you get OBC (on board credit)

i've booked early saver 2 times now and no price drop, but thats ok. :)

i'll deal with it.. BUT, i keep checking every few days!! lol

now if you book normal rate, fun saver etc. you have until final payment to cancel your cruise at NO penalty. BUT, if your paid in full you can not get any price adjustments or OBC if your cabin/class drops in price. but if its before, you can call your PVP or TA and have them do the price adjustment

:)

Mtemple, the PVP is the personal vacation planner that is a carnival rep. your dealing directly with the cruise line. TA is for an outside travel agent that works on commission. and sometimes you can get "free" stuff. but the final best price is thru carnival.

The rate's their talking about is Early Saver. you get a better discount, BUT, you can not cancel your cruise. can not change names (ALWAYS verify your booking documents with whoever you use!) you can change it for a $50.00 fee per person if you have to before final payment. The advantage of ES is that up to 2 days before your cruise if your exact cabin/class goes down in price you can submit a price adjustment form and if its before final payment, you get that deducted off your cruise total. if its after you've paid your cruise in full, you get OBC (on board credit)

i've booked early saver 2 times now and no price drop, but thats ok. :)

i'll deal with it.. BUT, i keep checking every few days!! lol

now if you book normal rate, fun saver etc. you have until final payment to cancel your cruise at NO penalty. BUT, if your paid in full you can not get any price adjustments or OBC if your cabin/class drops in price. but if its before, you can call your PVP or TA and have them do the price adjustment

:)

Ok, thanks for the good info. I purchased my cruise thru cruise brothers and I haven't seen it for less then what we got it for anywhere, including the carnival website. We didn't do the ES rate as we wanted to pick our cabins and also wanted the flexibility to cancel if we needed to. In any case, the rate we got was even cheaper than the ES rate I have seen online. Initially it was a group rate as we were purchasing 5 cabins(kids and signifcant others going as well) but now is only 4 cabins. I guess they let us keep the price of the group rate for the cabins but we now do not get the $100obc that we were supposed to get. My cruise leaves on the 24th of April so if the price drops am I entitled to any compensation?? I know when I traveled on TA in November on Celebrity that our cruise price dropped a week before departure and the gave me an OBC for the difference.

So - I'm Past Guest - Paid in Full - and I am now noticing a price reduction - so I guess I'm SOL, huh?

Well, so much for booking early - maybe next time I'll wait and book closer to the cruise. hmmmmph.

I'm in the same boat. I learned, pick a week that you want to cruise, schedule your flight early for best price and look at the various cruise lines for the best price and room 2 or 3 weeks before the cruise. :)

Archived