Question about pantyhose

Gracious Rose

I know this is a strange question, but in Arizona, no one wears pantyhose anytime, even on dress up nights. Is it that way on the ship too? I was thinking its sort of warm weather for pantyhose. (Mexican Riviera) Any helpful hints would be appreciated, because we leave in 12 days. Thank you.

Few will wear any type of hose on a warm weather cruise....the older women might...(I'm pretty old, and refuse to wear those things!!!)

Leave your pantyhose home...go barelegged! It's fine, and preferred!

Few will wear any type of hose on a warm weather cruise....the older women might...(I'm pretty old, and refuse to wear those things!!!)

Leave your pantyhose home...go barelegged! It's fine, and preferred!

Oh this is 'so' what I was hoping to hear. Thank you. :) :)

no hose for Rose (sorry...couldn't help myself! LOL!!!)

I wouldn't wear any pantyhose, just make sure your legs are nice and tan (maybe spray tan or some tanning lotion if it isn't that type of weather yet near you);)

Enjoy your trip!!

Whether with or without hose is completely acceptable. According to these boards, no hose seems to be the overwhelming choice for warmer destinations. The big point of agreement of MOST on this site seems to be that closed-toe shoes should be selected when hose are worn.

I'm thinking of bringing hose and some closed-toed slingbacks or mules for our cruise this summer to Canada (because I get cold easily)

no hose for Rose (sorry...couldn't help myself! LOL!!!)

I wouldn't wear any pantyhose, just make sure your legs are nice and tan (maybe spray tan or some tanning lotion if it isn't that type of weather yet near you);)

Enjoy your trip!!

Now see, I'm very pale (should have been a red head to go with the freckles and pale skin) and just don't tan. I don't mind wearing hose and think I look far more polished doing so with a nice dress than going bare-legged. There actually are some of us that perhaps look better WITH hose. At least you won't find me trying to find a space on deck in the sun. ;)

It's almost like a formal dress vs. non-formal dress thread at times when it comes to hose. :)

But that's why I don't read in the fashion board anymore. :p

• 4 weeks later...

The poster bringing hose to Canada will be fine as I live in Vancouver and it is still fashionable here in colder weather to wear tights or pantyhose. We even like to mix it up with different patterns and colors...

However, when my husband and I take our cruise to the Caribbean I plan on bare legs with sandals as I think that will be more comfortable. I think we as women, look best and fashionable when we feel most comfortable and self-assured. So, pack and wear what makes you feel good! :p

the last time i wore them was a cruise back in 04...struggling with them one FORMAL night...and missing it...that was the end of me and pantyhose

i go pantyhoseless and LOVE it...so much more FREE and since i discovered pedis and sparkly toes its even better!!!

I know this is a strange question, but in Arizona, no one wears pantyhose anytime, even on dress up nights. Is it that way on the ship too? I was thinking its sort of warm weather for pantyhose. (Mexican Riviera) Any helpful hints would be appreciated, because we leave in 12 days. Thank you.

I'm typing this without reading the replies, but your question reminded me of a dress code we had at work. This was at a large firm in KS. The dress code stated women must wear hose, or slacks with trouser socks. I always wondered who they hired to come and rub the women's legs to see if we were all wearing our hose.

To answer your question, sometimes I wear hose; sometimes I don't. And, I'm a Florida girl.

I vote "no" to pantyhose. Pale doesn't matter. If you are concerned about that, just get the Jergen's with the gradual tanning effect. You will love the feeling of the warm breeze w/o the pantyhose.

I too was married in Florida, and went without pantyhose. That's me dancing barefooted in the pictures.

I haven't seen anyone wear pantyhose anywhere in the South in a decade. I personnaly asked Clinton Kelly about pantyhose at an event, and emphatically said that they aren't fashionable anymore.

I'm as white as Caper the ghost, and I still wont wear them.

White legs aside....my feet feel gross in close toed shoes without something on them!!! Any suggestions??

I have seen an advertisement for little socks that either just cover the front of your foot, or the little ones that go over your whole foot, but the top is not visible outside of heels.

Something about Florida, gotta be barefoot!

Torturer Device !!!! Just remember....there are well over a thousand people on the ship with you. Dress how you want, be yourself and have the most fun possible!

"Always take care of yourself, because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter"

Lin

Archived