Pregnant and going to Kauai- tour/activity recommendations?

HavaneseMom

I'm dying to see the Napali coast but there are no boat tour companies that will take a pregnant woman. Helicopter tours are so expensive and I don't think I'm all that excited about it. So, any suggestions about how I can see the Napali coast? Any Kauai tours that people recommend that I can do (if not Napali coast, then something else)?

Thanks!

I would rent a car. Waimea Canyon is pretty, but if you want to see some beautiful beaches head towards the North Shore. Take a walk on Ke'e Beach which is as far as you can go in that direction by car. The trail along the Napali Coast starts here. This beach is usually an easy place to do some snorkeling also. You could then check out the little town of Hanalei and Hanalei Bay. Have a wonderful time!

I'm dying to see the Napali coast but there are no boat tour companies that will take a pregnant woman. Helicopter tours are so expensive and I don't think I'm all that excited about it. So, any suggestions about how I can see the Napali coast? Any Kauai tours that people recommend that I can do (if not Napali coast, then something else)?

Thanks!

Congrats on the upcoming baby. (Number 1????)

I cannot comment on tour companies, but if you don't mind driving or whomever you are with, doesn't mind driving, the way to go would be to rent a car and see what you wanted to, at your own pace.

I know when my DW was pregnant and we were doing a vacation in Colorado, we had a rental car and she needed to make those 'pit' stops a lot more often than a tour might be willing to make. also, she felt a bit queasy while driving around in the mountains, and being in our own car, it was so much easier to just pull over, find a nice place to stop and just relax.

And if money is a concern, the car rental is by far, the cheapest way to go and be able to see everything.

Good luck with the baby

Cheers

Len

Thanks!

The Napali boat excursion your not going to see much more than you would from the ship as the ship gets pretty close. Unless you are into snorkeling.

For us wev'e seen it from the ship but have booked heli ride for upcoming crusie.

If you can take a set of binocluars.

Thanks for all of your suggestions! And, yes, it's number 1 ;)

We're not taking a cruise this time around, we're flying in for a friend's wedding so we're definitely going to have a car. My understanding is that it's pretty necessary to have a car in Kauai if you're there for an extended period of time. I'll look into what you all suggested.

Thanks again!

Archived