Changing trip dates - how does this affect insurance?

Cruzin-K

I just got off the phone with a rather rude, clueless, Travel Guard salesperson.

I told her when our cruise dates will be, and that the flight would most likely be two or three days prior to the cruise.

She said she needed DEFINITE dates for the trip in order to sell me a policy. :confused:

So, what would happen if I gave the departure date as 8/19/11 and 10 months from now when we get our plane tickets, we change our minds and decide to leave on 8/18/11?????

I just got off the phone with a rather rude, clueless, Travel Guard salesperson.

I told her when our cruise dates will be, and that the flight would most likely be two or three days prior to the cruise.

She said she needed DEFINITE dates for the trip in order to sell me a policy. :confused:

So, what would happen if I gave the departure date as 8/19/11 and 10 months from now when we get our plane tickets, we change our minds and decide to leave on 8/18/11?????

They need your travel dates as accurately as you know the to be as of the date you buy the policy. But if at a later date you change the departure or return date you just call them up and they make the change -- no charge.

Don't worry about it as it happens all the time. They just hate someone calling up and wanting to buy a policy from "some time around the middle of the month until a few days after the cruise."

They need your travel dates as accurately as you know the to be as of the date you buy the policy. But if at a later date you change the departure or return date you just call them up and they make the change -- no charge.

Don't worry about it as it happens all the time. They just hate someone calling up and wanting to buy a policy from "some time around the middle of the month until a few days after the cruise."

Thanks! I'll be calling back tomorrow during the day to purchase it -as long as the person on the other end of the phone is more helpful than the one I got tonight.

I'd really like to do for my Greek Isles cruise what I did for my upcoming Caribbean cruise and get insurance a few days before the trip. However, the Europe cruise will cost about 10 Grand more than the Caribbean trip, and my mother will be traveling with me (older, more likely to have problems) and my Dad who is staying at home is basically one giant walking pre-existing condition.

I decided I really need coverage for pre-existing conditions and only have a few days left to get this taken care of.

Archived