Another query re: Drinks....\\

bigpeewee

I am new to this board and have spent several hours reading and gathering the wealth of information available.

My wife and I are considering booking a 19 day cruise on the Costa Luminosa departing Dubai in March next year. I have read and then re-read all I can find regarding the purchase and consumption of drinks on the Costa ships.

May I ask a specific please. Neither I nor my wife drink alcohol. We are quite happy to have a cup of tea or better still....a glass of water with our meals.

Is water provided at the dining table or in the vicinity of the buffet etc? Likewise is juice provided at breakfast time. Or do we have to purchase these items. Likewise, is drinking water available in the cabin?

Thank you........\\\

Most Europeans drink bottled water both in their cabins or at dinner in the restaurants. YOu can buy it by the bottle or buy a sheet of mineral water coupons at the start of the cruise. If you prefer tap water, just ask your restaurant table waiter to bring you a pitcher of water. In the buffet area are water/ice machines where you can fill up a glass or two and take to your table. You can order tea at any of the bars, or every afternoon around 4.30 or 5 p.m. there is a tea service attended primarily by the English speakers. Juice is free at breakfast in the buffet where there are dispensers. Water in your cabin: if you have a suite your cabin steward will keep filled a jug of ice water for you. Otherwise in the normal cabins there will be a bottle of water with the mini bar but you have to sign the chit for the steward to bring you another - or just bring a bottle or two into your cabin from one of the bars. Again, if you prefer tap water, the water from your bathroom faucet is perfectly drinkable. Hope this helps.

Tea is always on tap in the buffets, though in your situation, I'd bring my own teabags in case the ship ran out. They have all flavours of infusion there but only one 'proper tea' and we found we had to go walkabout to find that, on occasion.

Nobody seemed to be drinking the weird infusions, so why they put them out is a mystery to me... they are covering all bases I guess.

Archived