2 new reviews: Shadow & Spirit

ging466

gavinfromlondon, don't be concerned. I have been on the Whisper which is identical to the Shadow and the gym is NOT a closet. Sure it's small compared to ships that the reviewer has been on previously (Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean he mentions). These lines have huge gyms and cannot be compared to those on SS.

I went to the gym on the Whisper every day and some days it was more crowded than others but at NO time did I feel like I was working out in a closet and at NO time did i have to wait for any equipment.

One of the comments made by this guy that surprised me the most was "There is lots of alcohol being poured on this ship. it's all-inclusive and the crew is very liberal with it. When the cabin attendant asked us what kinds of spirits we would like, we were shocked when she brought a fifth of each. We were expecting the little mini bottles!"

Liberal? This is what all-inclusive is.:rolleyes:..what on earth did he expect?

As far as the broccoli is concerned, if u don't like something tell your waiter and he will be very pleased to get u something else. This guy has supposedly done 20 cruises, didn't he know that?

Use the reviews just to get an idea of what u can expect...then experience it for yourself. I hope u enjoy SS as much as I did.

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Wells said! Ditto!

We are about to embark the Spirit, Charlie, for a 14 day TA. We can give another perspective when we get back. I am NOT disillusioned by a handful of posters who join every thread and repeat the same complaints on each one. (personally, I spend about 5 minutes doing my make-up and don't really care how narrow the cabin is or that my husband may not be able to get by to pour himself a drink! ) If you don't read carefully you would swear there were dozens - or even hundreds - of angry people who were totally disappointed in many - if not most - most aspects about their Spirit experience. I sincerely doubt that is the case. But then I am a "glass is half full" kind of person and am just pleased to be able to cruise with Silversea on any of their ships. I am sure I will find something to do, something to eat, etc etc.

I wish I was going on this cruise with u...u r my kind of person:)

I can't wait to hear your evaluation of the Spirit.

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

I know I may be in the minority but I'm just done with the smoking thing. I started smoking when I was 15, and have been off for over 20 years. Just don't want to be around it inside...if someone want to smoke on desk, fine...but not in cabins or anywhere where I have to deal with it...IMO..

No question then. Just choose not to sail on Silversea. Easy solution.

We are about to embark the Spirit, Charlie, for a 14 day TA. We can give another perspective when we get back. I am NOT disillusioned by a handful of posters who join every thread and repeat the same complaints on each one. (personally, I spend about 5 minutes doing my make-up and don't really care how narrow the cabin is or that my husband may not be able to get by to pour himself a drink! ) If you don't read carefully you would swear there were dozens - or even hundreds - of angry people who were totally disappointed in many - if not most - most aspects about their Spirit experience. I sincerely doubt that is the case. But then I am a "glass is half full" kind of person and am just pleased to be able to cruise with Silversea on any of their ships. I am sure I will find something to do, something to eat, etc etc.

chicagogal, with some chagrin, I just thank you belatedly for your comments. In two weeks, I board the Shadow for a 15 day cruise, Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles through the Panama Canal. Am I excited - absolutely to spend a day traversing the Panama Canal.

As to the Spirit, the comments about the accomodations - veranda suites does not bother me because I will be the only one in the suite! It does seem to me that SS is seeking a younger crowd for the Spirit - as mentioned by duct tape earlier. While the traveling for this October cruise on Spirit is daunting, I will probably still go because of the strong group of CC'ers that will be on the cruise - a wonderful cast - and I haven't even met them. This was very similar to my cruise last November-December on Shadow - where we had just a wonderful group of people - fun people - yes they smoked - yes they drank adult beverages - but just a great time.

My only concern about Spirit is the size, the number of passengers, and whether they can capture at least 80-85% of the passenger experience on Shadow.

My only concern about Spirit is the size, the number of passengers, and whether they can capture at least 80-85% of the passenger experience on Shadow.

Hi Charlie

We'll make it happen on the Spirit...there are so many CCers going, we will have a great time.:)

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived