Navigator New Dining Advice

Quester2

We're taking my family to Alaska on the Navigator in June to celebrate our 50th anniversary. A total of ten of us. I had thought that Prime 7 would be the natural venue for our dinner on the night of our actual anniversary. However, our TA could not get Regent to make a reservation for all 10 of us on that night except very early. They say Prime 7 is very small. But maybe I was wrong anyway. Perhaps it would be more festive for us to be at a table for 10 in the larger dining room to celebrate that evening? I've never been on the Navigator, so if you've been on it since the redesign, could you advise me? Or even if you haven't, but have some experience with the Navigator, I'd love to have your opinion. We only get to do this once; we'd like it to be a festive evening.

Thanks so much for whatever advice you have to offer.

We're taking my family to Alaska on the Navigator in June to celebrate our 50th anniversary. A total of ten of us. I had thought that Prime 7 would be the natural venue for our dinner on the night of our actual anniversary. However, our TA could not get Regent to make a reservation for all 10 of us on that night except very early. They say Prime 7 is very small. But maybe I was wrong anyway. Perhaps it would be more festive for us to be at a table for 10 in the larger dining room to celebrate that evening? I've never been on the Navigator, so if you've been on it since the redesign, could you advise me? Or even if you haven't, but have some experience with the Navigator, I'd love to have your opinion. We only get to do this once; we'd like it to be a festive evening.

Thanks so much for whatever advice you have to offer.

Prime 7 on the Navigator is indeed small. The largest table, I believe, is for 6. It would be nearly impossible to accommodate your large group.

I think you are on the right track, thinking of having a large table in Compass Rose. Continue having your TA work with Regent to set something up. I'm not certain there are any tables that large in Compass Rose, but it will be a lot easier to set aside a large enough area. It will indeed be more festive; all the folks around you will likely be very pleased to see your happy group!

I second everything Don says. While we loved the food in Prime 7, it is very small. Our first meal there we had a table for three and it might well have been a table for five as we were so close to the table for two next to us.

I agree with all of the above. Not only is Prime 7 small but I think it has a little more formal air. Maybe because I thought it to be darker to add to its atmosphere. My opinion is that Compass Rose will feel more festive and the additional people around you will add to your celebration. Have a wonderful 50th! Regent should be able to add to the celebration more easily in CR.

Ann

I suggest you also meet with the maitre'd and inform him/her of your special evening. When we did a multi-generational Alaska cruise which included a celebration dinner, the maitre'd and dining room staff ensured that we had an evening to remember. If you let them know what you would like ahead of time - cake/special drinks/etc., they will try and make your dining experience exactly how you describe to them. Congratulations on a 50th anniversary!

We had a large group on Navigator a few years ago. The largest single table was the captains table in the center section of the room (Compass Rose) - it seats 8. We asked and they did set it up for 10. Usually a larger party is seated at two adjoining tables in a side section.

Archived