Group booking rates

stipmom

If I book a group discount rate would I still be eligible for a lower rate if Princess lowers the fare?
Actually, the answer is a surprising yes.

Usual group rates are about a 5% or so discount from the early booking rates, and will come with cruise line supplied amenities like onboard credits, bottles of wine, a photo certificate, etc, as well as a tour conductor credit for every 12-16 berths.

When and if the regular prices start to drop - before the final payment date - you can have your booking re-rated under the new fare category while still remaining in the group with all the group benefits. The only impact would be the tour conductor credit will reflect 1/12th to 1/16th of the average commisionable fare portion of all the members in the group. If you are receiving that money in credits back from the travel agent, it will, of course, be reduced along with your fare.

At least that's how it works for me and the groups I set up through Princess - the cruise line has no policy restricting re-faring though your travel agent might if they are offering additional agency onboard credits. Talk to your travel agent to confirm for your group. Or book with an agent that doesn't charge to re-fare.

Archived