Did anyone ever forget anything important?

We're going to be on Radiance of the Seas and it leaves Monday. We can't wait. We're both so excited, we're like kids, only we're 58. It's our 40th wedding anniversary. I've read all of the posts for last minute things to take, so I think we're set. But I just know we're going to forget the camera or something important. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Did anyone ever forget anything important when they cruised? :D

Congratulations!!!

Way back in my early days of cruising and the age of paper airline tickets -- I forgot them. Got all the way to the airport (by cab) and had to come all the back. Love the paperless travel now. :)

While not important I have also forgot to pack Tylenol (Aspirin/Advil - whatever) and band-aids -- sure enough needed both on one cruise.

Enjoy your cruise -- I've sailed on the Jewel and the Serenade so know you'll love the Radiance.

We always have the philosophy "as long as you have your passport and your creditcard, the rest can be arranged". It has made us more relaxed travellers and we actually forget less because we are not stressed.

My first cruise in Oct 2007, I forgot my comb/pick for my hair. I thought oh well will buy one one board, wrong. We got to Aruba still nowhere I could buy one, Curacao, no, finally St Maarten on the dock I picked one up that was Friday. I used a fork for a pick the whole week until then, thanks to my husband thinking of that one.

Did anyone ever forget anything important when they cruised? :D

SHOES! Last May I was wearing flip flops on the plane and for boarding. Got on the ship, had a drink, lunch, etc. went to the cabin later that afternoon and unpacked and as we were waiting for the muster drill it suddenly occurred to me that when I unpacked, I had not unpacked any shoes! Our first port was Key West the next day and I found a 9West store.

I forgot all my pants once - they were hanging nicely in my staging area when we returned home. The second day was at sea so I had two nights where I had to go to dinner before we reached a port and I could buy some pants at a reasonable price. As it was on the first night I bought a pair of the only pants they sold on the ship which were Tommy Bahamas at $130 each.

SHOES! Last May I was wearing flip flops on the plane and for boarding. Got on the ship, had a drink, lunch, etc. went to the cabin later that afternoon and unpacked and as we were waiting for the muster drill it suddenly occurred to me that when I unpacked, I had not unpacked any shoes! Our first port was Key West the next day and I found a 9West store.

That reminds me... wasn't a cruise.... land vacation.... went to a civil wedding service.... arrived at the hotel and unpacked....

I have two pairs of shoes that are very similar.... only difference is the heel....

I had packed one from each pair.... fortunately a left shoe and a right shoe.... pretty much hobbled the whole afternoon.... Fortunately I was wearing a trouser suit so no one noticed..... as long as I stood still....

Never forgot anything on a cruise, but when I was a kid I forgot my entire suitcase on a trip to Cape Cod. My father was so surprised that all our luggage fit into the trunk of the car. We didn't realize we didn't take it until we got there. I ended up wearing my mother's bathing suits all week. Uggh! Now I count every piece of luggage every step of the way to make sure we have them all.

I use a white noise sound machine and cannot sleep without it. I wear headphones with it and don't hear a thing when sleeping. It works especially well to drown out my husband's snoring.

Well....embarkation day, and what do I do? I leave the machine at the hotel! :eek: Of course I didn't realize it until we unpacked on the ship. It's now 3:00 and we wail at 4. I'm freaking out because I know I wont' sleep the whole cruise without it.

Hubby to the rescue! He runs to the Purser's desk while he is on the phone with the hotel. An employee there agreed to run it over to the dock for us. That is above and beyond the call of duty for sure. Now they wont' let my hubby off the ship of course because it's way too late. Someone from the Purser's desk went outside to meet the hotel employee....they saved the day and my vacation! Phew!

This may not seem important to some, but it was a necessity to me. :)

My wife! I packed the car and started it up to get the A/C running. Out of habit, I just put it in drive. I got half way down my street before I realized she wasn't in the car. To this day, she still doesn't know about it.

I didn't actually forget this, but last year when leaving for the 2.5 hour drive to the airport for Miami and a TA cruise, I checked my purse one last time as we were pulling out of the driveway.

What I thought was our two passports was actually one passport and an address book that is almost the same size and color, stored in the same drawer. Needless to say they are not stored together anymore and I will be obsessively checking to be sure I have them both now. It still makes my stomach churn when I remember that almost-disaster.

I have not had enough bandaids along on several trips--I tend to get blisters and sore places on my feet very easily and have spent more than one vacation day looking for bandaids in odd places.

Did you know that in Kenya bandaids are called sticking plasters, or something like that? (I think this is a British term.) Shopkeepers did not know what I was asking for.

I am off to buy a bunch of bandaids today as we are leaving Friday for another TA; passports will be in hand!

My wife! I packed the car and started it up to get the A/C running. Out of habit, I just put it in drive. I got half way down my street before I realized she wasn't in the car. To this day, she still doesn't know about it.

Today's winner! She knows about it now.

My father on our last cruise forgot to bring any of his medication. He almost flew back to the U.S. but was lucky to purchase his medicine in Cozumel. More expensive but he was able to continue the cruise at that point with all of his meds.

I hate to admit this, but I neglected to bring my birth certificate on my second cruise. This was in 1995 and I attempted to board with my driver license, Social Security card, and voter's registration. The woman checking me in wanted me to have my DH fax my BC to her, and of course he was at work and who knew if he could even find it. A guy came over to ask what the issue was and was told "she doesn't have proper proof of citizenship." He reviewed my information, asked where I was born and then replied "no one could make that up." (It's a funny named PA town). He told the woman "she looks okay to me, let her board". Whew! I realize that wouldn't happen in today's world! :o And I've had a passport now for over a decade.

I hate to admit this, but I neglected to bring my birth certificate on my second cruise. This was in 1995 and I attempted to board with my driver license, Social Security card, and voter's registration. The woman checking me in wanted me to have my DH fax my BC to her, and of course he was at work and who knew if he could even find it. A guy came over to ask what the issue was and was told "she doesn't have proper proof of citizenship." He reviewed my information, asked where I was born and then replied "no one could make that up." (It's a funny named PA town). He told the woman "she looks okay to me, let her board". Whew! I realize that wouldn't happen in today's world! :o And I've had a passport now for over a decade.

After 9/11 there is NO way you could get away with that again!

I am one of the most organized cruisers in existance. I keep all important papers, set sail passes, reservation confirmations, birth certs and a schedule in a see through plastic report book. This last cruise on Voyager in Feb. there was a fog delay and the ship was delayed, didn't start boarding till 5:00 PM. But in the morning I needed the rez.# for phone conversations with RCCL for delay info and inadvertantly left that packet on the desk. I now know that I could've lived without most of it, we had our passports around our necks, but we were halfway to Houston when I noticed it wasn't in my beach bag, drove almost all the way home and my DD met us and brought it to us. If the boarding were not delayed due to the fog, we might have missed the ship. We didn't arrive Galveston till 3:00 driving 90 all the way there!! God watches over all children, animals and idiots!:rolleyes: Sorry fellow Voyager cruisers, guess it was my fault we didn't leave until 3:00 AM the next day!:o Whatever you do, check everything as you are seated in the car before taking off!!!

I just read your post, and haven't read what are probably several good replies already. I understand the apprehension. The two of you are the most important thing and you probably won't forget that. Beyond that almost anything else can either be done without or purchased so relax and prepare to enjoy yourself.

If you have your passports, credit card, or however you plan on paying your charges, that is a big head start.

My wife plans to forget! It is totally and completely done intentionally!

That way she gets to shop on the day we arrive and then shop the morning before we board the ship!

It has become a "game"...starts with "oh, no!" my repy is always: "Where do you want me to stop?"

Archived