Did anyone ever forget anything important?

I use a white noise sound machine and cannot sleep without it. I wear headphones with it and don't hear a thing when sleeping. It works especially well to drown out my husband's snoring.

My Sharper Image noise machine might be on it's last leg. What brand do you use?

I'm a very careful packer, but one time I somehow managed to go on a cruise with only the bra I was wearing!:o I had to wash and wear it, try to dry it with a hair dryer and often wore it damp because I had no other option. I'll NEVER make that mistake again.

An asthmatic, I must take Advair twice day. On one cruise I somehow managed to go without noticing the inhaler was already on red numbers meaning I had less than ten inhalations left. Of course, it was Panama Cruise. I had to inhale fumes out of that empty inhaler, but actually managed pretty good, way better than I would have imagined possible.

Whatever you do, check everything as you are seated in the car before taking off!!!

Good advice, and double check! My aunt and uncle were at the airport leaving for a South America trip when they discovered that they had brought their expired passports by mistake! They called a neighbor who was able to locate their current ones, and she drove nearly an hour to the airport with them.

(Have things changed? We didn't receive our first passports back when we renewed last year. We would have liked to keep them).

We always have the philosophy "as long as you have your passport and your creditcard, the rest can be arranged". It has made us more relaxed travellers and we actually forget less because we are not stressed.

We try to keep this outlook, too. And I think you're right, I think that we forget less now.

That reminds me... wasn't a cruise.... land vacation.... went to a civil wedding service.... arrived at the hotel and unpacked....

I have two pairs of shoes that are very similar.... only difference is the heel....

I had packed one from each pair.... fortunately a left shoe and a right shoe.... pretty much hobbled the whole afternoon.... Fortunately I was wearing a trouser suit so no one noticed..... as long as I stood still....

Now that is funny :D

My wife! I packed the car and started it up to get the A/C running. Out of habit, I just put it in drive. I got half way down my street before I realized she wasn't in the car. To this day, she still doesn't know about it.

My husband sits in the car waiting for me frequently, if he were on CC, this could be him.

I've forgotten little things that don't make much difference, but my stories occurred on the end of the cruises.

Once, I forgot to leave shoes out for disembarkation, had to wear my daughters size 5 flip flops on my size 10 feet...that looked weird.

Another time I wore a favorite pair of leather clogs (cool weather cruise) and noticed while we were waiting to disembark a piece of leather on the side was loose. Then the other shoe had a loose piece of leather. The shoes, both of them, disintegrated by the time we got to the car, I was shuffling, dragging my feet across the blacktop. Must have been the salty air.

My wife! I packed the car and started it up to get the A/C running. Out of habit, I just put it in drive. I got half way down my street before I realized she wasn't in the car. To this day, she still doesn't know about it.

I swear my husband has done this to me before, 4 or 5 times. He always goes out before I do and gets in the car. A couple of times I've gone out, and he's gone. It is always the "I ran around the corner" excuse. Now that you say this, I bet he has forgotten me too :eek: (damn him!).

I'm a very careful packer, but one time I somehow managed to go on a cruise with only the bra I was wearing!:o I had to wash and wear it, try to dry it with a hair dryer and often wore it damp because I had no other option. I'll NEVER make that mistake again.

An asthmatic, I must take Advair twice day. On one cruise I somehow managed to go without noticing the inhaler was already on red numbers meaning I had less than ten inhalations left. Of course, it was Panama Cruise. I had to inhale fumes out of that empty inhaler, but actually managed pretty good, way better than I would have imagined possible.

Isn't that one of the inhalers that only has a certain number of doses? I use Asmanex, and once it runs down to zero, it locks and stops working. I love the old inhalers that you can use over and over again. You only know they're empty by dropping them in a glass of water and seeing if they tilt.

We left my husband's dress shirt at home, and fortunately, they keep them in one of the ships on board. You have to ask, and they pull them out of the drawer. Got us through, but they're not permanent press.

Medicine, passports, money, and the rest is just inconvenient.

On our last cruise, we were tied to the dock for 36 hours. And they didn't open the ship stores until we were at sea. I always wondered what we would have done if our luggage hadn't arrived. We try to pack two-three quick dry underwear sets in the carry-on, just in case.

I forgot all my pants once - they were hanging nicely in my staging area when we returned home. The second day was at sea so I had two nights where I had to go to dinner before we reached a port and I could buy some pants at a reasonable price. As it was on the first night I bought a pair of the only pants they sold on the ship which were Tommy Bahamas at $130 each.

Funny enough..my dad did this very same thing on our last cruise. He only had his tuxedo and the jeans he wore on the flight down from Michigan (he's of the crowd that doesn't believe jeans are meant for the MDR and was very uncomfortable wearing them the first night). Fortunately he and my DH are similar in size, so they shared pants for the week. Strangely enough, FOS didn't have any men's pants for sale. I realized that forgetting basic clothes would have you S.O.L. on the ship. You can get t-shirts, formal wear, and beachwear.

Now that is funny :D

My husband sits in the car waiting for me frequently, if he were on CC, this could be him.

I've forgotten little things that don't make much difference, but my stories occurred on the end of the cruises.

Once, I forgot to leave shoes out for disembarkation, had to wear my daughters size 5 flip flops on my size 10 feet...that looked weird.

Another time I wore a favorite pair of leather clogs (cool weather cruise) and noticed while we were waiting to disembark a piece of leather on the side was loose. Then the other shoe had a loose piece of leather. The shoes, both of them, disintegrated by the time we got to the car, I was shuffling, dragging my feet across the blacktop. Must have been the salty air.

I really don't mean to hijack this thread.... but it's the shoes thing....again.... We were moving house.... I had my shoes off whilst I was washing the floors for the new people moving in.... the packers picked them up and put them in the van.... by the time I realised they were gone there was no way of locating them.... so we had to rush out and get me a new pair of trainers. Sigh.

I could tell you about leaving my hearing aid on board Jewel.... but I won't...

I have found packing at the last minute is my best bet to make sure I have everything. When I drag out the packing process I always forget something. I still haven't packed and I need to be by Friday at 4pm for Explorer on Saturday. I think packing this time around will be much easier since my boyfriend and I decided not to attend formal night.

We're going to be on Radiance of the Seas and it leaves Monday. We can't wait. We're both so excited, we're like kids, only we're 58. It's our 40th wedding anniversary. I've read all of the posts for last minute things to take, so I think we're set. But I just know we're going to forget the camera or something important. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Did anyone ever forget anything important when they cruised? :D

I have never forgotten anything important but before each cruise, I DREAM that I forget something important. One time it was all my makeup and other toiletries. Hopefully it will never happen in reality.

HAVE FUN!

My husband forgot his hat. As it turned out it was a good thing as he loves the "Panama Jack" that he bought in old town San Juan. He's packed it on every trip since. For our February cruise, I asked him several times "do you have your hat?" Guess who didn't! I like the visors with the elastic in the back as others give me headaches. A friend found really nice ones in one of the Costa Maya shops located close to the exit of the shopping area away from the ship.

In that case I'll take a glass of White Ziff.......however it may take more to keep me quiet!!! :eek: :D

No problem, Linda. Consider this an IOU. We'll meet at the nightly Diamond event. The wine is on me! ;):D

Prior to the cuise we went through our swimwear, decided what to take on the cruise and folded it neatly in an empty drawer. This way, when actually packing, I could just go to that drawer and the swimwear would be ready to go!

Driving to port in Galveston, it hit me in the car...I never packed the swimwear! We stopped at several shopping malls along the way and not one store has swimwear in stock (this was early December). Finally, in Galveston we went shopping on The Strand, and purchased our swimwear for the cruise.

On our return home, I looked in that drawer and there sat our favorite swimwear...ready to go on our next cruise! I think I will remember to put it in the suitcase next time...

Prior to the cuise we went through our swimwear, decided what to take on the cruise and folded it neatly in an empty drawer. This way, when actually packing, I could just go to that drawer and the swimwear would be ready to go!

Driving to port in Galveston, it hit me in the car...I never packed the swimwear! We stopped at several shopping malls along the way and not one store has swimwear in stock (this was early December). Finally, in Galveston we went shopping on The Strand, and purchased our swimwear for the cruise.

On our return home, I looked in that drawer and there sat our favorite swimwear...ready to go on our next cruise! I think I will remember to put it in the suitcase next time...

Sounds like we were on the same cruise last December! I asked the DH if I should bring his swimwear, and he answered with a loud no! I'm thinking of booking the thermal suite, and will probably pack it on the next cruise.

We're going to be on Radiance of the Seas and it leaves Monday. We can't wait. We're both so excited, we're like kids, only we're 58. It's our 40th wedding anniversary. I've read all of the posts for last minute things to take, so I think we're set. But I just know we're going to forget the camera or something important. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Did anyone ever forget anything important when they cruised? :D

I left my cell phone at home once (on purpose) since DW was bringing hers. Unfortunately she forgot the charger and the phone died mid trip. She had a death in the family and had to make alternate travel plans via the ship's phone - very expensive - and we never actually made it to the funeral...

I left my birth certificate at home when we flew to Rhode Island to get a marriage license prior to our honeymoon cruise. That didn't go over well with the wife (but she still married me anyway).

Not as serious, I left all my ties at home. DW bought me one in the shops-it has little turnbuckles or some such nautical paraphernalia on it-the tie has turned out to be one of my favs.

Funny enough..my dad did this very same thing on our last cruise. He only had his tuxedo and the jeans he wore on the flight down from Michigan (he's of the crowd that doesn't believe jeans are meant for the MDR and was very uncomfortable wearing them the first night). Fortunately he and my DH are similar in size, so they shared pants for the week. Strangely enough, FOS didn't have any men's pants for sale. I realized that forgetting basic clothes would have you S.O.L. on the ship. You can get t-shirts, formal wear, and beachwear.
Forgetting is increasingly an easy thing to do.;)

:D :D :D

by far the funniest one...

Deodorant for a Caribbean cruise. It costs a fortune on the ship! :(

If you are worried about important things, pull out one of your carry on bags and start to put things in now that you won't need before then (camera, passport, swimsuit, etc.). I find that I think about things as I move around the house and if I put them in the bag when I see them, it saves me forgetting later.

We also use the great packing lists that some people have posted here on CC. Some have things I wouldn't have thought of and since they are customizable (look for ones in Excel), you can write everything down and check it packing for and after the cruise.

Cheers,

I just got back from an 11 night cruise on the Radiance.

As were were at the airport on the way out, I realized when I tried to pay for breakfast that I did not have my wallet!

There was no way to get home, pick it up and get back to the airport in time to make our flight, and the cruise left the same day.

I did have my passport and about $200 in cash.

My wife had her wallet and a couple of credit cards, and a fair amount of cash as well, so we continued on.

I had registered my personal credit card on my seapass account before the cruise, but they wouldn't let me use it because I didn't have it when we checked in, so we used a joint credit card my wife had with her for the sea pass.

Other than that I never missed it. Used the passport when ID was required.

We did call my daughter and had her check to be sure the wallet was still at home and not lost on the way to the airport.

Then we were on our way. Had a great cruise. Never missed the wallet. Used the seapass for most things and the cash when ashore.

Now I am considering leaving it at home on future cruises. (We take taxi's to and from the airport).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We left our formal clothes bag hanging in dining room

and keys to locks on luggage at house:eek:

on one of our first cruises a few years ago.

Lucky for us....:D

we live in Galveston, and ship was departing from Galveston,

and called friend who was pet and house sitting.

He picked our things up,

and we met him outside at terminal from ship at passenger drop off.

I use a white noise sound machine and cannot sleep without it. I wear headphones with it and don't hear a thing when sleeping. It works especially well to drown out my husband's snoring.

My Sharper Image noise machine might be on it's last leg. What brand do you use?

Hammacher Schlemmer. I bought my first one in 1992 an still use it every single night! When we had kids, I decided to buy them another brand so it would make rain/stream noises, etc. Within 3 years I had gone through at least 3 other sound machines. So, now both my kids also have a Hammacher Schlemmer one too. And, one of their sound machines started rattling when it was about 2 years old and really bothered him so I went online to order a new one and didn't know which version we had since they sell 2 that look exactly the same. I called Customer Support and they informed me that there is a lifetime guarantee on them and to mail it back in a box and they'd send me a replacement free. I had the new one in less than a week.

I may forget to pack underwear but I'd never forget to pack my sound machine...LOL.

Archived