Priceline Hotel Bids

laedw

In priceline look for hotels first by area .. like Condado .. it will show them all by star rating or resort. Then go in to bid and select resort (do not select any star rating) .. you will normally get the Marriott Stellaris .. our favorite hotel. Heard people getting it recently for $120/night.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I put in a bid for $110 on Priceline and got the Marriott San Juan for two pre-cruise days! We have never stayed at this hotel so we are excited. We wanted to stay in the Condado area. On our last cruise we stayed at the Intercontinental in lsla Verde. We liked that hotel too. Any suggestions on what inexpensive restaurants are in the Condado area? What about the nightlife?

I contacted the Marriott reservation desk to request a double bed and was told to contact Priceline for that request. I read on Priceline's website to contact the hotel directly for any special needs. So, did I just get a Marriott employee that does not know what she's talking about? :rolleyes:

Well, I put in a bid for $110 on Priceline and got the Marriott San Juan for two pre-cruise days! We have never stayed at this hotel so we are excited. We wanted to stay in the Condado area. On our last cruise we stayed at the Intercontinental in lsla Verde. We liked that hotel too. Any suggestions on what inexpensive restaurants are in the Condado area? What about the nightlife?

I contacted the Marriott reservation desk to request a double bed and was told to contact Priceline for that request. I read on Priceline's website to contact the hotel directly for any special needs. So, did I just get a Marriott employee that does not know what she's talking about? :rolleyes:

Yes you did, but that said, you can only make a request, and most hotels will make a note in your reses and will try to honor it but it's not a guarantee. A Priceline "bid" res is probably the lowest priority.

This is coming from somebody that loves Priceline for the 1 night needed stays and to be honest, I have usually done well with the rooms but on couple of occasions, during especially busy times, I did get the closet room, next to the elevator and the ice machine, overlooking the ACs on the roof of the garage... I did survive :D

btw, you should contact the hotel directly...

I just used Priceline for the first time and got the Marriott Stellaris for 1-27-11 for 3 nights pre cruise. Should I contact the hotel now for my request for a King bed and any room preference I may have or wait til later?

If I request a email confirmation from the hotel will they send me one?

You can try ... sometimes they do it, other times they'll refuse and you'll just have to try day-of-arrival. I've not received a confirmation from the hotel because they generally have all Priceline contact information except for the name ... but again, trying is the only way to know for sure. :)

I just used Priceline for the first time and got the Marriott Stellaris for 1-27-11 for 3 nights pre cruise. Should I contact the hotel now for my request for a King bed and any room preference I may have or wait til later?

If I request a email confirmation from the hotel will they send me one?

When my bid has been accepted and I have won a Marriott or Hyatt I have been able to contact the hotel and give them my Marriott Rewards or Hyatt Gold Passport number and they have confirmed my requests. Not sure if this is the case in all instances but you have nothing to lose by calling and asking.:)

Call them back, give them your hotel reservation number (not the priceline number) and make your request again. We've done that before and never had any problems.

:D

Call them back, give them your hotel reservation number (not the priceline number) and make your request again. We've done that before and never had any problems.

I gave the reservation desk my hotel reservation number in my initial call. However, the reservationist was adamant (to the point of being just rude:mad:)about me contacting Priceline. I called the hotel twice and was given the same information. Finally, I contacted Priceline and relayed what I was told. Priceline's Customer Service department is investigating. I was told to expect a reply from them in about 3 business days. I have done this before at other hotels I reserved via Priceline and never had any problems. This is the first time this has happened.

:D

I gave the reservation desk my hotel reservation number in my initial call. However, the reservationist was adamant (to the point of being just rude:mad:)about me contacting Priceline. I called the hotel twice and was given the same information. Finally, I contacted Priceline and relayed what I was told. Priceline's Customer Service department is investigating. I was told to expect a reply from them in about 3 business days. I have done this before at other hotels I reserved via Priceline and never had any problems. This is the first time this has happened.

Please let us know the out come of Priceline's investigation.

This was my first time getting a hotel on Priceline. I feel much better after I was able to pull up my reservation on Marriott's website. I printed the reservation and will bring it with us. Since I will be happy with a double or a king I'll wait before I call to make any other special requests.

There are several little local restuarants that are very reasonably priced down the street from the hotel. Come out of Marriott and go right toward Old SJ. There are 2 or 3 on the left side of the street within a 1/2 mile. They have menus posted on the street.

Or if you just want pizza there is a place several blocks to the left of the Marriott.

This was my first time getting a hotel on Priceline. I feel much better after I was able to pull up my reservation on Marriott's website. I printed the reservation and will bring it with us. Since I will be happy with a double or a king I'll wait before I call to make any other special requests.

I am traveling with my sister and we would prefer separate beds. We have used Priceline before and have never had a problem when we requested two beds.

When my bid has been accepted and I have won a Marriott or Hyatt I have been able to contact the hotel and give them my Marriott Rewards or Hyatt Gold Passport number and they have confirmed my requests. Not sure if this is the case in all instances but you have nothing to lose by calling and asking.:)

Can you get points for hotels when you bid on priceline? I heard you could not.

No, I don't think you can get 'points' with a Priceline reservation...BUT I always call a week or so before arriving and make request for king bed, high floor, and give the hotel my membership number for what ever hotel I'm staying at. Sometimes I think this might get me a better room or better service.

Barbara

I received an e-mail from a Priceline Customer Relations rep regarding my inquiry about my request:

"We have spoken with Donald (reservations) in regards to your request for

a double bed. The hotel has noted your request; however, your request

will be honored based on the availability at the time of your check-in

and is not gauranteed."

That's fine with me. I thought the reservation person I talked to was just rude. She simply stated that I had to contact someone at Priceline - end of conversation! Maybe she was having a bad morning.

Well, I put in a bid for $110 on Priceline and got the Marriott San Juan for two pre-cruise days! We have never stayed at this hotel so we are excited. We wanted to stay in the Condado area. On our last cruise we stayed at the Intercontinental in lsla Verde. We liked that hotel too.

We stayed in both of those hotels through Priceline. Both were great! I love that they are so close to the beach.

Mike

We stayed in both of those hotels through Priceline. Both were great! I love that they are so close to the beach.

Mike

Is the Marriott Stellaris right on the beach? Or is it a short distance away from the hotel?

Archived