Is a Boarding Pass and a Passport all I Need to get on Board

bigpeewee

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the world of cruising. I am 72 years. I have just completed the online booking for the 18 night cruise out of Dubai on 9 May on the Deliziosa.

The online booking procedure and processing of information was intense. However, I completed it and was able to print the Boarding Passes for both my wife and myself. Both of us have current Australian Passports.

A question re boarding procedure please...... Can we simply board the ship armed with our boarding passes and passport etc.....or do we have to be in possession of some other form of documentation?....and if so ...."What"....and more importantly......how do I get it. (I had anticipated we would receive some form of "Joining Instructions" or similar????)

Thanks for your patience with all my questions........\\

edit....typo....\

I think it is a little early still to have been sent the full paperwork - you should receive an envelope containing cruise information, luggage tags, some paperwork to complete [though you may have done that online - we received paperwork we simply ignored in that context].

If you did the booking on-line you would likely have been sent stuff by email. The terms and conditions attached to the elecrtronic ticket and boarding pass would have said its up to you to make sure if you need a visa for any port of call and if you don't have one you won't get on board.

UAE, Oman, Yemen and Egypt all allow Australians to get a visa when you arrive so long as they don't have an Israel entry stamp in their passport. Costa will likely charge you the US$15 for Egypt.

Have a good trip

Archived