Transatlantic - which country?

whattodo

We want to have medical and trip interruption insurance for a transatlantic cruise from Southampton to New York. We have few days pre-cruise in London, no post cruise in New York. I tried to get a quote from squaremouth.com.....but don't know what to use as "Main Destination"? There is no choice for 'Transatlantic' :confused:

Main concern is to have medical coverage during the sea days. We're traveling with parents. Can I get 1 policy to cover all of us staying in 2 rooms? TIA.

We want to have medical and trip interruption insurance for a transatlantic cruise from Southampton to New York. We have few days pre-cruise in London, no post cruise in New York. I tried to get a quote from squaremouth.com.....but don't know what to use as "Main Destination"? There is no choice for 'Transatlantic' :confused:

Main concern is to have medical coverage during the sea days. We're traveling with parents. Can I get 1 policy to cover all of us staying in 2 rooms? TIA.

Just pick UK or Great Britain.

Are you all traveling on the same dates? Do you all live in the same state? If the answer is "no" to either question it's better to be on separate policies.

List the UK, since you will be spending the most time there. However, it doesn't really matter, as the premium usually does not vary based on destination.

I second the note that you should get separate policies if you are residents of different states. Each state regulates insurance plans separately. Other than a small per-policy surcharge, it doesn't matter how many separate policies you book.

SirWired

Thanks for your replies. I called squaremouth, they said to use UK as the main destination, we'll be covered for land and sea. Medical coverage without trip cost is fine with us. Separate policy is almost same price. Looks like Travelex Travel Select covers most of what we need at a good price.

Archived