What do you like best about celebrity balcony cabins?

Jo and Rob

No kettles up to now, although it has been mentioned that Eclipse may have them when sailing from Southampton. Suitcases fit under the bed unless they are really huge, in which case your cabin steward will store them elsewhere. All cabins have bathrobes. We enjoy a balcony cabin when the cruise has a lot of sea days. On a port intensive cruise there is not much time to sit outside. We select inside, outside or balcony according to price and itinerary.

Sheila

No matter what type of cruis+e, we love balconies.

- The main plus is breakfast on the balcony. YOu can order it and it shows up nice and early on port days, and you can enjoy the outside.

- Love it in the evening before or after dining. Step out with a glass of wine and sip away.

- Opening the slides and listening to the ship cut through the water....

- watching the flying fish on Caribbean cruises, and the seabirds....

- sitting outside after coming back from a port and sitting out there and relaxing.

We had Oceanviews until they gave us a balcony at a big discount - we have never gone back except on an older (non-Celebrity) ship that has fewer (expensive) baloncies.

Denny

I second the motion that the best part of a balcony cabin is the balcony, but it depends on how obstructed. Some are simply overlooking the lifeboats, which is not a big deal to me.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a kettle, beyond something to put on the stove to make tea?

I second the motion that the best part of a balcony cabin is the balcony, but it depends on how obstructed. Some are simply overlooking the lifeboats, which is not a big deal to me.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a kettle, beyond something to put on the stove to make tea?

A kettle is an electric water boiler to make tea / coffee.

We booked 2B on the Summit last week. Balcony was the best part:

1) When you wake up, you can see exactly what the weather is going to be for that day. You can also feel how cool it is

2) We had late seating, and when we returned from the port ~5PM, we would spend the next hour or two eating sushi from the sushi bar and drinking wine while watching the sunset. Priceless and very romantic :)

3) When my wife got dizzy from the waves, we could sit on the balcony and the situation was always fixed. Something about being outside with the waves + seeing the horizon makes it all better

4) We always left the door slightly cracked so we could hear the waves all night long

Balconies are the best

Do cabins have kettles and bathrobes? Can you fit your case under the bed? We are looking at a 2C partially obstructed view balcony cabin and would love to know your thoughts.

Yes to kettles but only on sailings from Southampton (catering to the British market) and yes to bathrobes. Can't help you with anything else though!

Justin

Archived