Launderettes on celebrity?

Jo and Rob

I was wondering whether celebrity has launderettes on its S class ships?

No self service laundries on any Celebrity ship.... Here is a link to laundry services with prices....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000vQeAGol_KO07LkOG8G7syjT:12hdbcuh7?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

The answer is NO. Celebrity does not have self service laundry facilities on its ships at all. I personally wish they did. Others on the board feel differently and don't mind paying by the item for Celebrity to wash their clothes. For a family, that gets expensive fast.

On our 11 days cruise we simply took enough underwear for the trip and a week's worth of clothes knowing things would be worn more than once. Not a big deal for me but more of a challenge for my DD. Celebrity does provide laundry service at a cost and gives coupons to its frequent cruisers, but for a first timer you will either have to wash things in your cabin sink and dry them on the balcony, or send them out to be cleaned, unless you can bring enough clothes to last you for the trip.

The answer is NO. Celebrity does not have self service laundry facilities on its ships at all. I personally wish they did. Others on the board feel differently and don't mind paying by the item for Celebrity to wash their clothes. For a family, that gets expensive fast.

On our 11 days cruise we simply took enough underwear for the trip and a week's worth of clothes knowing things would be worn more than once. Not a big deal for me but more of a challenge for my DD. Celebrity does provide laundry service at a cost and gives coupons to its frequent cruisers, but for a first timer you will either have to wash things in your cabin sink and dry them on the balcony, or send them out to be cleaned, unless you can bring enough clothes to last you for the trip.

Are you allowed to dry things on the balcony? They told us on Princess it was not permitted and there was a washing line above the bath for us to hand things on.

Officially no, but the balcony police don't tend to check up on you, especially on sea days. What you do with your balcony is your business (within reason). I would imagine most people air dry their swimwear on the balcony, despite the official prohibition. Hard to enforce something like that.

Are you allowed to dry things on the balcony? They told us on Princess it was not permitted and there was a washing line above the bath for us to hand things on.

I don't recall seeing a "rule" against drying clothes on balconies although there could well be one. In gereral, it isn't done. First, if the ship is moving then your clothes won't be there long, and second it is pretty unsightly.

Princess of course had that horrible fire onboard when a cigarette was dropped overboard and it wound up smouldering on a balcony. I don't recall if it was ever proven that the fire started on a towel or laundry that had been left on the balcony, but I think that was the reason for the ban.

There is a line in the shower, and the laundry prices are reasonable. If you decide to rinse out items like underwear, be sure to bring things that dry quickly - and not cottons which will take a week to dry!

Princess of course had that horrible fire onboard when a cigarette was dropped overboard and it wound up smouldering on a balcony.

I don't recall ever reading that it was proven a cigarette was the cause of this fire. Lots of speculation but no proof was provided to my knowledge. Can you provide some information that would confirm authorities determined the cause?

Princess of course had that horrible fire onboard when a cigarette was dropped overboard and it wound up smouldering on a balcony.

I don't recall ever reading that it was proven a cigarette was the cause of this fire. Lots of speculation but no proof was provided to my knowledge. Can you provide some information that would confirm authorities determined the cause?

You are right, there was a lot of speculation but it was never proven that it was caused by a cigarette...

Archived