Celebrity Solstice Family Verandah cabin

lovetocruise2003

Hi everyone

This is my first post. My family has cruised Royal Caribbean many times but has chosen to try the Celebrity Solstice in June 2010.

We have booked the Family Verandah 7107. Is this better than a Consierge Class room? We can't book Aqua class, being 3. It is significantly larger (575 vs 194sq ft) but not sure about location.

We are 3 in the cabin - my husband and I as well as our 15 year old daughter.

By the way, joined CC because of all the great information I have read over the years and thought it was about time to contribute.

Any information on this cabin would be great.

Thanks

:)

Unless its gets changed for some reason we are in 8107 this coming sunday on the Solstice. Can't compare to Concierge cabins because this is our first time on Celebrity. But i changed my booking to this cabin from Concierge class because of the cabin space difference and because we haven't had a cabin the front of the ship for quite awhile. I will let you know my opinion when we get back.

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing how you liked Celebrity and the family verandah cabin.

It will be our first celebrity cruise as well. We have travelled on RCI before.

Have a great time. Look forward to hearing about cabin. I hear the ones on deck 8 have huge balconies. Enjoy:)

Hi everyone

This is my first post. My family has cruised Royal Caribbean many times but has chosen to try the Celebrity Solstice in June 2010.

We have booked the Family Verandah 7107. Is this better than a Consierge Class room? We can't book Aqua class, being 3. It is significantly larger (575 vs 194sq ft) but not sure about location.

We are 3 in the cabin - my husband and I as well as our 15 year old daughter.

By the way, joined CC because of all the great information I have read over the years and thought it was about time to contribute.

Any information on this cabin would be great.

Thanks

:)

The location is just fine being forward... the only thing is, with the FV on the 7th, you will have a MUCH smaller balcony than the FV that is on the 8th deck.

NO, you do not get any CC benefits and not even an extra sailing benefit.

There is, however, TONS of room and storage. It is a great room. The two on the 7th deck have a dinky balcony compared to the room above you. The 8th deck balcony is easily twice as big. BUT... who cares with 3 of you. It's an excellent room and very light.

You will have a HUGE living area with a HUGE window facing foward. The small room is just right for a child, with a bunk bed if there were two. The web site still does not have the description of this room right... which is frustrating. BUT... the living room is huge! and the master bedroom is nice as well (a bit bigger on the 8th deck as well). The master bedroom has a nice front facing window as well.

It is a nice room!

Thank you so much for the response. I feel much better about my booking now. I am not too worried about not getting CC amenities as I think we will get almost the same benefits as Captain Club elite members.

We are anxiously awaiting our first Celebrity experience.

Any other advise for a first time Celebrity cruise?

Like you we had first had 7107 and were very happy with the choice. But I noticed 8107 opened up so we switched. I had noticed the balcony size was quite different like hylasgirl mentioned so we jumped at the chance to switch. Now we just need to get on the Solstice this sunday to confirm our choice. So you might want to keep checking to see if one on deck 8 opens up. I figure we would have been happy on deck 7 but have to try deck 8. Also even though first cruise on Celebrity we are also Elite because of being Diamond on Royal.

• 2 weeks later...

I promised you an opinion. We just got off the Solstice today and we did have 8107. I think this was around our 34th cruise and this was the best cabin we have ever had. It was only my wife and I and we used the second bedroom for storage. It was almost like an apartment just minus a kitchen. Only problem was going into port and docking there was a lot of vibration and noise. And I would still book this cabin in a heartbeat. From what I could see 7107 is comparable in cabin size but the balcony is a lot smaller than 8107. Hope this helps. Bob

I do not know how you folks acquired these cabins. We are booked on the Constellation for this December and on the Equinox for April and December of 2011; and, this category is not available for any of those cruises.

Also, I checked the Equinox for March and April of 2012; and, again, not available. Ergo, you were very fortunate.

Bob

Thanks so much for providing me with the details of 7107. I have been debating whether or not to change to a CC cabin but think I will stick with 7107, unless of course 8107 is available.

I would love the large balcony.

Also love the idea of our teenager having her own space.

Tell me, does the room really have a dining room table and a refridgerator?

Also, did you take advantage of Michael's club and other elite benefits? Were they better than the Diamond benefits on RCCL?

Many thanks again.

lovetocruise2003!:o

We originally booked 8107 on Solstice (just 2 of us) when I caught a sale price where the FV had been 'released' and was listed for same price as 1A cabin (25 APR 2010 sailing); my travel agent told me that if they needed it for a family (as 4 is normally the minimum # of occupants you can have to acquire the Family staterooms), then we could get "bumped" out of it. I decided I didn't want to take the chance of where I might get bumped to location wise, so I opted out of the cabin.

I don't know how accurate this is but this is what I was told by TA . . .

The second bedroom is quite small. We just used it to put our luggage on the bed and used the closet for my clothes. The only refrigerator was the mini bar one that all the cabins have filled with items to buy. There was no dining room table in the cabin but a small table we used to put our breakfast on. On our balcony there was a small table and a larger one. Also on the balcony we had two padded lounge chairs and two other chairs that would recline. Here is where I will get in trouble and these are just my opinions. We went to Michaels Club the first morning and the service was so bad we never went back. My wife ordered an Almond Latte and when they finally brought it to us it was only half a cup and cold. I ordered a bloody Mary and it took forever and when I finally saw it coming they gave them to another couple that hadn't even ordered them. My wife also ordered a decafe coffee and they never delivered it. The evening events in the Sky Lounge were fine. I did like the internet free minutes and the dry cleaning. Guess its close between RCCL and Celebrity for benefits. Hope this helps.

Archived