Free Picture Perfect Vacation Protection Program- should I buy additional insurance?

Joy2theWorld

We received free Picture Perfect Vacation Protection Program through itravelinsured.com when we booked our cruise (Baltic). With everything going on in Europe right now, I'm debating if I should buy additional coverage. It appears that this coverage doesn't include any trip cancellation or interruption coverage. Would there be any good plans that could supplement this plan?

Ae you sure you don't have this coverage? You need to read your DOC (Description of Coverage) to find out, but the brochure I saw from this site with this name did include trip cancellation and trip interruption coverage up to the amount you insure. Standard coverages: medical reasons and complete cessation of services due to weather and the usual jury duty, home uninhabitable, traffic accident, etc.

Beyond "Cancel for Any Reason" coverage, you may not be able to purchase coverage for this event. Most companies will bar purchasing coverage for a particular event after the event is started. For instance, you usually can't purchase hurricane coverage once a storm has a name.

SirWired

Actually, you're correct and it does cover trip interruption/cancellation. Since I booked my flight separately, do you think it is worth getting additional for that? I probably could get a credit with the airlines if flights were cancelled or something.

Hmm just realized it was purchased on April 16th... wonder if it would fall into the exclusions I've been reading about now.

It definitely could be a problem as many insurers are not covering losses due to the volcano situation for new policies. For example, the cut off date for CSA was the 15th. This is from their web site:

". . . please note that there is no coverage for this specific event under any plans purchased on or after April 15, 2010

Archived