How much medical insurance for Europe?

I'mGrammy

We are going on Celebrity Equinox Holy Land cruise in October. Since our home medical plan doesn't cover us out of U.S., we purchased a Travel Guard policy for $50,000. Now I'm nervous that we didn't get enough medical. We will be away 15 days. I'm 63 and hubby is 66. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

We are going on Celebrity Equinox Holy Land cruise in October. Since our home medical plan doesn't cover us out of U.S., we purchased a Travel Guard policy for $50,000. Now I'm nervous that we didn't get enough medical. We will be away 15 days. I'm 63 and hubby is 66. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

With some of the Travel Guard plans you can upgrade the medical coverage for a relatively small additional premium. If that's possible I think I'd do it. Call Travel Guard and see what they can do for you. Realistically, $50K will cover the vast majority of health issues which tend to be the usual stuff -- sprained ankles, upset stomach, and the like. But it won't get you too far for something major.

I did call Travel Guard. It's too late to change my policy, or upgrade it. I bought it over 15 days ago. I did find at Insure my trip two plans that just give medical insurance. One is HTH Travel gap excursion ins, and the other is Medex. Any feedback on either of those I would appreiciate. :)

Archived