Very complicated...advice needed!

flyboyswife

Travelling with my parents and husband's parents. 3 rooms. Used 2 military discounts and 1 past guest discount to book rooms. In order to use the discounts, I had to split people up. So, my parents, both former military, are split up so that my mom booked a room with her military id, and my dad booked another room with his military id. I booked a room with my past guest discount. My husband and my in-laws are split up to be the second person in each of the 3 booked rooms.

Clear as mud?

I was informed that this was a quite common booking technique and that on the first day of the cruise, we'd all just go to guest services/concierge and get the room cards straightened out.

So, my question....

I'm now in the process of getting trip insurance. The price of the rooms cost different amounts (2 are mini-suites, 1 is a balcony). The price of insurance is based on the cost of the trip.

Should I give the cost of the trip to the insurance company as the price each couple is actually paying OR the price of the individual person as identified in the booking? My in-laws will be splitting a balcony room, but according to the booking, my mother-in-law is in a mini-suite, and my father-in-law is in a balcony.

Is it better to over price the cost of the trip for insurance purposes? Does it make a difference for insurance purposes if the booking reflects the couple travelling together to actually be in different rooms?

Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Travelling with my parents and husband's parents. 3 rooms. Used 2 military discounts and 1 past guest discount to book rooms. In order to use the discounts, I had to split people up. So, my parents, both former military, are split up so that my mom booked a room with her military id, and my dad booked another room with his military id. I booked a room with my past guest discount. My husband and my in-laws are split up to be the second person in each of the 3 booked rooms.

Clear as mud?

I was informed that this was a quite common booking technique and that on the first day of the cruise, we'd all just go to guest services/concierge and get the room cards straightened out.

So, my question....

I'm now in the process of getting trip insurance. The price of the rooms cost different amounts (2 are mini-suites, 1 is a balcony). The price of insurance is based on the cost of the trip.

Should I give the cost of the trip to the insurance company as the price each couple is actually paying OR the price of the individual person as identified in the booking? My in-laws will be splitting a balcony room, but according to the booking, my mother-in-law is in a mini-suite, and my father-in-law is in a balcony.

Is it better to over price the cost of the trip for insurance purposes? Does it make a difference for insurance purposes if the booking reflects the couple travelling together to actually be in different rooms?

Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

In the case of a cancellation, you will be asked for proof of payment -- copies of your canceled checks or credit card statements/receipts. The maximum amount that you can claim is the total of your provable out of pocket payments for your trip arrangements. Insuring more than that is a waste of money. If there is a difference between what you paid and what shows on the booking info they'll go by what you actually paid.

There should be no problem with the room switch from the insurer's point of view.

Archived