largest table in diningroom?

consmarci

We will be a group of 15. Is there a table that can accommodate this size group?

If not, how do they usually work this out?

Thanks for your help...Emerald this summer.

I have never heard of a table for 15, and even if they could accomodate, you would not be able to converse with those at the other end anyway. They usually put you at two or three smaller tables next to each other, and then you can choose to switch the seating around nightly if you wish.

I think the largest table I have seen is for 10.

We will be a group of 15. Is there a table that can accommodate this size group?

When we do our "Family Cruises" we have our TA link all our reservations together. Then, the TA will call whichever cruise line we are using that year, and speak to the person in charge of the dining arrangements on board. Then, once we get on board, someone from our group goes to the MDR to meet with the maitre d' to reconfirm that we all (usually 16 of us) will be dining at our scheduled seating time and are to be seated at one table as a group.

Since this involves extra work for the dining staff (pushing tables together, tying up one or two dining stewards for such a large group, getting everyone's courses to the table at the same time, etc,) we are always extremely conscious being prompt and courteous and also generous in our gratuity at the end of the cruise.

We enjoy dining together at one table, and we switch seats each evening so that all can converse equally over the time we cruise. Not to say that we don't talk during the day, but it's nice to sit next to someone different each evening. Sometimes the smaller children ( of which there are three) would have an activity at the Kid's Club & wouldn't dine with us, but most evenings we were all together. It is great fun!

We have only encountered one cruise line that seemed to have problems honoring our request and that was NCL. Princess, HAL and Celebrity were wonderfully accommodating and gave us outstanding service.

Wishing you all good things for your cruise! :)

If you all desire to eat at the same time for dinner -

suggest you link all the reservations together. AND

have your TA request 2 tables for 8 next to each other.

AND ROUND TABLES are easier for communications with

others at your table.

Also -= if you desire - your group could then exchange

tables occasionally to visit with others.

The biggest tables hold 10.

Do you have TD? Try to get two tables close to each other. IF you have AD, you will probably go to dinner in small groups. I would not want the hassle of trying to get 15 people to dinner at the same time.

We did 11, I think at a table that could do 12, I don't recall seeing any table larger. Most likely need two tables togather; 12+4. Might be easy in traditional or in anytime need to be very early or late.

Take a look at the deck plans on the Princess web site for your ship and zoom in on the dining rooms. They have an accurate depiction of the table arrangements.

At least you can see what the standard table sizes are, and possibly you can see a way to split your group into two adjoining tables.

Archived