Hawaii Itinerary

We went to Hawaii on Celebrity. 8 years ago. Loved it. We went in March and the whales were everywhere. It was like having our own private whale watching tour from our balcony. I enjoyed seeing the different islands. We were thinking of taking vacation there so we got to experience many islands now I know which one I would go back to visit in a hotel.

I think most negative reviews would be on the NCL America ship. That's the only one that crusies the Hawaiin Islands from Hawaii.

Most of us who've done the round trip from the west coast love it and wish RCCL and Celebrity would start doing it again. Right now you have Holland America from San Diego and Princess from L.A.. They are both only 14 days, neither goes to Kona anymore.

We've done the round trip 5 times and one way (flew to Honolulu ship back to Ensenada) twice. We've loved every one. We enjoy the sea days and Hawaii can't be beat.

The Rhapsody does Hawaii twice, once in April and once in September, on its way back and forth from Australia to Vancouver.

Starting with Sept. 2011, the Radiance will be doing this, also.

But, these are not west coast round trips. These are one way only.

Jim

Oct of 2008, we did the RT on the Radiance and it was by far the most memorable cruise. If your considering a RT which I highly recommend, compare the itneraries between the cruise lines, length of times in ports. We chose the Radiance out of San Diego because it gave us longer stayes, then Princess and was less costly with the extra day. Sadly RCL doesn't offer this cruise but hope they return to it. If you don't mind a lot of days at sea, you will have up to 5 days going and coming.

My one recommendation if you stop in Lahaina and are given the time, see the Old Lahaina Luau. http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/

A cruise is a great way to see Hawaii...itinerary wise the NCL cruise is great...but you may want to check out the reviews. Having said that my in-laws did a vacation to Oahu with us a couple years ago, then piggy backed the week long cruise on NCL and loved it. Weather wise August and early September can be very hot, and the "winters" cool and rainy. If you can, try to arrange to be on the ground for a few day either pre or post cruise....so much to see and do. Still some great hotel rates available.

We are leaving at 5am tomorrow (4/24) for a 10 day Hawaiian cruise that starts on Tuesday. Hope to post a review upon our return. We have had this trip booked for about 18 months, can't believe that its finally here!

We are leaving at 5am tomorrow (4/24) for a 10 day Hawaiian cruise that starts on Tuesday. Hope to post a review upon our return. We have had this trip booked for about 18 months, can't believe that its finally here!

Have a great trip!:D

We are doing the same cruise in reverse. Sept sail is 146 days away. I would love to hear from you in great detail. How were the ports and the ship. I would assume it's the same ship Rapsody.

We also booked about a year and 5 months out. Waiting a long time for this one. It's our 40th wedding anniversary.

We are doing the same cruise in reverse. Sept sail is 146 days away. I would love to hear from you in great detail. How were the ports and the ship. I would assume it's the same ship Rapsody.

We also booked about a year and 5 months out. Waiting a long time for this one. It's our 40th wedding anniversary.

Yes it's the same ship. The Rhapsody.

Archived