People that want to loose weight ... prior to their cruise ...

Uuh-Ooh - oh dear... just had a bit of a wobble - trying to loose 2.5 stone in 22 weeks pre cruise - lost 12 lb in 1st 6 weeks so far, but just become soooo sick of healthy stuff, just had to give in to a bowl of chicken, pasta & pesto swimming in olive oil, followed by choccy biscuits and a very large glass of wine ;):D:(

Better get one more little glass of wine and another bickie and I'll get back into it tomorrow.

Uuh-Ooh - oh dear... just had a bit of a wobble - trying to loose 2.5 stone in 22 weeks pre cruise - lost 12 lb in 1st 6 weeks so far, but just become soooo sick of healthy stuff, just had to give in to a bowl of chicken, pasta & pesto swimming in olive oil, followed by choccy biscuits and a very large glass of wine ;):D:(

Better get one more little glass of wine and another bickie and I'll get back into it tomorrow.

Hahaha, this made me laugh - as I am now on CD - which just consists of shakes - my son is cooking a jacket potato with sausages etc - the smell is just making me soooooooo hungry and then you tell me about something like this, lol :eek: oh well, back to my water, hehe.

Well done on loose 12 pounds - great achievement - oh we all have blips, but like you say, it doenst hurt as long as you get back on track the next day.

Keep up the good work

Mandie

Well - I think I can say its official - I have finally gone MAD!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yet again, I couldnt sleep - was awake at 5am - tried the usual things like going back to sleep, wasnt having any of it, lol - so eventually got up at 5.40 am and I was out the door by 6am - this time I went for a longer walk - precisely an hour - but was nice - could hear the sea and the birds - nice for a sunny morning and wasnt that cold.

So diet wise - its going really well - have even surprised myself at how strict I have been - you see, I have done this diet before so know what to expect, so 2nd, 3rd, 4th or whatever round people do it, they tend to find it harder, as you know what there is to come, so to speak.

Well, I only have another 3 pounds to loose by Tuesday morning, then I have lost 1 stone in 2 weeks :D YAY!!! Im dead chuffed.

Yesterday was a bit of a hard day in the evening - but got through it.

The key for me is drink the water - keep yourself occupied - especially in the evenings - so tend to use my facebook and post here - keeps me busy for a while, lol.

How is everyone else getting on?

Mandie

Hi, Thanks for your support. I'm afraid I love good food too much to do the starve/drink shakes/cabbage soup/grapefruit only kind of diets. Been there done that and the weight always piled back on as soon as I got tired of going to bed hungry.

Today I've had 2 weetabix with chopped banana and milk for breakfast, ham and mushroom omelette with asparagus for lunch and creamy chicken curry and rice for supper with a couple of my favourite glasses of wine. Yum!

3lbs off this week. Slimming World rocks!

Hi, Thanks for your support. I'm afraid I love good food too much to do the starve/drink shakes/cabbage soup/grapefruit only kind of diets. Been there done that and the weight always piled back on as soon as I got tired of going to bed hungry.

Today I've had 2 weetabix with chopped banana and milk for breakfast, ham and mushroom omelette with asparagus for lunch and creamy chicken curry and rice for supper with a couple of my favourite glasses of wine. Yum!

3lbs off this week. Slimming World rocks!

Hey Miss Sand!! :)

Yes, I know what you mean - as I say its not for everyone - but its the one diet that works for me and keeps me going - its how I lost most of my weight - luckily enough I didnt put much back on - but had a very stressful year and I comfort eat when that happens, hence the reason, it happened, lol.

Well, just been for another walk - at precisely 5.45am - god, I must be MAD!!! :eek: and saw 18 snails along the way, haha. Was raining a little, but I kept going.

Well done on your weight loss, thats a good achievement :D just think how many bags of sugar that would look like :eek:

Am looking forward to this weekend, as out tomorrow and Sunday as have a child-free zone - wehey!!!!!!!!!!

I only have 2 more pounds to loose by Tuesday morning and then I have lost a stone in 2 weeks - I love this diet - hard on some days, but I have my picture to keep me going, lol

Stay Strong and we can do this

Mandie

:D

Hiya All

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and anyone who is dieting are behaving as best as they can!!! :rolleyes:

Well, I was going to post here yesterday, but ended up going out and didnt get round to it.

BUT

I have finally lost my stone - weighed myself on the scales yesterday morning, and was pleasantly to see the scales had moved :D I was giving myself until Tuesday morning, so this means, hopefull that I might loose another pound by then :rolleyes: lol

Anyway, just updating you all ;)

Mandie

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from one week on Celebration - the food was quite pleasant and the restaurant portions quite small so have only gained a couple of pounds. Thank goodness I didn't go down the 24 hours a day self-service route! Back to my lovely Slimming World group to get ready for the next hols in June.

Good luck all.

Well have to say I've not been particularly good over the last 2 weeks. Had a HORRIBLE cold, and you know what they say about 'Feed a cold, Starve a Fever' - so I have been :D ! Went back to Fat Club yesterday, having missed last week and still managed to shake off 1.5 lb. So that's a stone off in 8 weeks. Feel much more focused now and only had 1 glass of wine tonight.;). About 15 ish weeks to go, but not certain I will shake off another 1.5 stone.

Fig

Hi,

thought i would join in, hope nobody minds.

wantin to lose around 1stone and a half to 2 stone. up till now managed 10 pounds in about 4-5 weeks (so fingers crossed) i have until the end of august.

Keep up good work everybody

• 1 month later...

I havent posted for ages :o sorry.

I Have not been well as mentioned before however I am recovering really well now, was discharged from one hospital yesterday (the eye one) and so now just have the kidney docs to see every 2 weeks, Im hoping they might put me on monthly appointments when i see them tomorrow - recovery is going really well and i feel great so fingers crossed!

I have lost another half stone which brings my total to 3 stone since December last year. Im now really pushing hard, have switched to low GI and watching my calories and fat intake, and have begun a gentle exercise regime to kick start my fitness levels before our cruise as we have lots of walking to do!!

Im finding the food and exercise diaries on myfitnesspal.com very useful to me and it stops me wanting to cheat as i can see exactly how many calories or fat or sugar it will bump my daily totals up by!! I hope to have another half a stone off by 21st August :D and i will be comfortable and happy :)

How did the CD go mandie? did you loose much more?

17st 4lb in January :(

15st 7lb in May

2 week Destiny cruise

15st 11lb

5 weeks later

15st 4lb

the diet is working :D

the long term target is 12st 7lb :eek:

I am following a 1500 calories per day balanced diet with a treat for drinks on Friday night. Forty weeks dieting a year and 12 weeks not. Basically dieting when I am not on holiday or away from home. At this rate I will have to buy a complete new wardrobe next spring.

• 5 months later...
17st 4lb in January :(

15st 7lb in May

2 week Destiny cruise

15st 11lb

5 weeks later

15st 4lb

the diet is working :D

the long term target is 12st 7lb :eek:

I am following a 1500 calories per day balanced diet with a treat for drinks on Friday night. Forty weeks dieting a year and 12 weeks not. Basically dieting when I am not on holiday or away from home. At this rate I will have to buy a complete new wardrobe next spring.

Hi All

Im sooooooooo very sorry that I have not posted here for such a long time, but I have had personal issues to deal with before I could start these things again.

Anyways, Im back with a vengence, started my diet again in December and so far, I have lost a whopping 11 pounds - yay

Hows everyone else doing?

:D

Hi Bubbles40

We are off on Destiny 27th March for 2 weeks and will have to lose some weight before I go otherwise my shorts and swimsuit/bikini will be staying in the suitcase. I need to lose 1 stone then I will be okay. I usually do the Atkins Diet as I find it the best way for me to lose weight as I don't feel hungry all the time.

I will probably be starting in the next week as I have to finish all the chocolate I have in the fridge from Christmas:D

Janet

Archived