Baggage Allowances from the UK

steba

Hello, I have booked a Royal Caribbean Cruise with friends through Virgin and have a couple of questions :

1. We are flying from Manchester (England) to San Juan (Puerto Rico) via Atlanta and are flying with Delta.

We have never done this before and are unsure as to our baggage allowance. Has anyone flown this route before, or similar, and knows what baggae allowance we have.

I looked on the Delta site and it seems to indicate we can check in 2 bags each but Virgin say only 1 bag can be checked in.

2. We have been told that we cannot take any alcohol on board, even if it is packed in our cases. I know we might get searched as we board from different ports but wasn't sure about when we first arrive.

Any advice anyone could give would be very gratefully received. :)

You have to go with what the airline states, or pay extra fees for additional bags/overweight bags.

Alcohol, I'm assuming you are writing about the ship, not the air travel. RCI does not allow passengers to bring alcoholic beverages onboard their ships. If you have access to their passenger contract (online, in the brochure) it will give you these answers.

Just be aware that on arrival at Atlanta you claim your luggage then re- check it back in for your onward flight so if you buy any liquids at Manchester duty free you will have to pack them in your hold suitcases as you are not allowed to take the liquids through the security check point. If you don't have much time between your flights this could be a problem for you.

Virgin Atlantic are a little odd so far as baggage is concerned; book a flight and you'll get 2 x 23kg bags each, book a package (a cruise, or even a fly drive) and it drops to 1 x 23kg. However, they only charge (if I recall correctly) £32 a bag for an additonal 23kg case; may be worth considering

Archived