Flying Tomorrow?? Snow??

TamiRae

We are to fly out of Chicago tomorrow (Sun). We change planes in Atlanta, on our way to FLL. What would they do if we can't go to Atlanta?

We were afraid of the weather for Chicago, but Chicago looks OK for now. Atlanta is what looks really bad. We've had about 2 inches of snow today. We have to drive to Chicago (about a 4 hour drive) in the morning.

We're cruising on the Majesty of the Seas Monday. (Jan. 31)

I live in the Atlanta area and our issue is the ice. Anything managing to melt today is refreezing. I haven't listened to the latest news, so I don't know how things are at the airport right now. Starting today, call and verify your flights. Find out what other flights are available if yours gets cancelled. Lucky for you that you are sailing on Monday. That gives you more time in case of a delay. Find out all you can beforehand and be prepared to keep your cool and make other arrangements if you have to. Good Luck!

Hot Atlanta is suppose to be 44 tomorrow. My DD is there now and said it is icy, but they ventured out for breakfast this morning and they are planning to go to the play, The Graduate tonight. The play was not cancelled, but their dinner reservations were. Unless flights are backed up (numerous flights cancelled today), you should be fine to fly in and out tomorrow afternoon.

Just talked to DD again and they have no power in Buckhead, Many areas of North Georgia are without power. As of now, the roads were pretty clear, but could change again overnight. Sidewalks and parking lots (concrete) were still iced over. Don't know if the airport would be in trouble...probably not.

Good luck tomorrow! :)

:) Sea Island Lady,

Tell your DD she will love the Graduate. Hubby bought us tickets for Christmas, and we went to see it on January 2nd in Portland, Oregon. It was Fantastic.....and yes Morgan Fairchild is naked ;) on stage. I asked hubby if he bought the tickets for me or for him:eek:

Ollie

I am watching the local Miami/national weather right now and it dosen't look too promising for going through Atlanta. My wife and I will probably be moving to Memphis in the near future and I shutter to think what it will be like trying to get back to Miami to take a cruise!

Most of the scheduled flights are arriving and departing in Atlanta today. The problem will be all the people on flights that didn't depart on Saturday. They only got about 2 flights out yesterday, one happened to be to Orlando, most likely with some cruise passengers! Flights will be packed today!

If you are flying today, it should be ok.

Jacquelyn :D

Archived