Tours

Linky41

Any suggestions for tours - we arrive Villefranche on the Equinox Nov 2. Some guides are not available: Sylvie, Michal of Prestige Tours, Michael of Revelation Tours, Alain of Dream Tours. Thought I was starting early enough!! Only response of availablity is from Steven from Private Shore Tours. Has anyone heard of him?

Thanks for any input or recommendations.

Elaine

We just got back from our TA tour and used Steven of Private Shore Trips. We ported at Villefranche and went with three other couples to Monaco/Monte Carlo, St. Paul de Vence, Nice and Ez.

Our driver/guide was excellent and we enjoyed the day. He even came back to the dock to pick up a couple (us!) who were delayed getting on the tenders because of a medical evacuation.

They will do what you want and go where you want within the time frame you have on shore. If doing it again I might skip one of the towns and spend a little more time at the others--but I'm not sure which one I'd leave out! It was a great over view of the area.

On second thought, I might leave out Nice, or at least just kind of drive through. We spent about 40 minutes there and it was nice to see but I enjoyed St. Paul de Vence and Ez more. Monaco was interesting, but not worth more than an hour or so.

We had a nice large bus/van for the eight of us. We'd certainly use them again.

Can I do this if someone asks, or do I need to email you privately? I'm unclear on the board rules on this.

Steven with Private Shour Trips was very professional and helpful and has contacted me since to see how the trip went and to apologize for charging our credit card for the cost of the tour (immediately reimbursed), which wasn't even their fault, as we missed the beginning of the tour due to tender problems; since we did catch up with the group and paid in cash at the end, that's where the mix-up occured.

Can I do this if someone asks, or do I need to email you privately? I'm unclear on the board rules on this.

If another member requests information about a tour operator, you are absolutely allowed to post the information on the thread -- in fact, we encourage it so that everyone has access to that information.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

If another member requests information about a tour operator, you are absolutely allowed to post the information on the thread -- in fact, we encourage it so that everyone has access to that information.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Thanks, Karen. Email is steven@privateshoretrips.com, I think. Or you can just google Private Shore Trips. It might be listed under the travel agency Travels with Friends.

Archived