First time cruiser - excursion question?

If we book the excursions through RC do we have to worry about getting back to the ship on time? We are considering booking the blue lagoon dolphin encounter in Nassau, but we arrive at 1pm, and leave at 7pm. The excursion is listed to start at 3pm, so I am worried that we will not be done and back to the ship on time. It says the excurion is 4 hours. Any help woule be appreciated. Also, anyone whose done this excursion, is it worth it!

Thanks

If you book an excursion with the cruise line, they will NEVER leave without you.

If you book one on your own, they will leave without you and never give it a second thought.

Edit: That is to say they won't take joy from it. But if it's time to leave, it's time to leave.

We did the Blue Lagoon encounter last month on Oasis, and I had the same concern. However, there is nothing to worry about. We left at 3:00 for the excursion, and got back around 6:30 or so. RCCL will not leave without you......they book the excursion and are responsible for getting you back.

* Note - we did the Sea Lion Encounter instead of the Dolphin, but you're really going to enjoy it......it's an incredible place!

Thank you both so much. You have relieved a lot of my concerns. The encounter sounds great. I am sure our boys will love it. My 8 year old said all he wants to do is swim with dolphins, so how can we say no!!!

Thanks again, I will book through RC so I don't have to worry!

We did sea lions last month with my 11 and 12 year olds, it was amazing. We have done dolphins at Atlantis before and have to say liked this better. Place is beautiful too. Dont know what day you are there but we were switched to Sunday which was awesome because it was open just for Oasis. Time gets moved around a bit some times after you board but but you are notified in your room if that happens. As a previous poster said, definitely do it via RC, they will not leave you. We almost left a few people at BL because it was the first time they did the excursion on a Sunday and werent very clear re: times. They made sure they had every single person before the excursion boat left. OBTW, you can find a video of the sea lion excursions I believe there is a link here to a youtube location. Enjoy

Archived