POM Embarkation Times

parafire

I will be sailing on the Liberty this Sat. Carnival states that the embarkation times are 12:30-2:30 and that no one is allowed inside the terminal until 12:00. Is this for real? Or is this another stated policy that is really just bogus.

Thanks

For our Destiny cruise we arrived at the POM terminal at 11:30 and folks were already going onto the ship. We were checked in and enjoying lunch and a DOD by 12:30. Have a good cruise!:)

I will be sailing on the Liberty this Sat. Carnival states that the embarkation times are 12:30-2:30 and that no one is allowed inside the terminal until 12:00. Is this for real? Or is this another stated policy that is really just bogus.

Thanks

Yes, usually the boarding process for every cruise we've taken is well underway by 12:00. However.....embarkation for our last cruise, Carnival Triumph out of POM, was, shall we say, UTTER CHAOS! We arrived at 11:30 am, the terminal was packed and the "line" was one jumbled mass of humanity, no announcements were made as to the reason for the delay. Turns out there was a significant delay in debarkation due to a stowaway found on board, so Customs didn't clear the ship until 11:00 am or so. We finally got into and thru the terminal around 2:00, and were in our cabins around 2:45. So yes, occasionally "stuff" happens and the posted times are actually realistic. Of course, YMMV.

P.S. I hope they keelhauled the stowaway! :eek:

Archived