Constellaion Sailing May 9th

travelscrapper

Has any one gotten a call about being bumped from this sailing ? A friend of mine was supposed to be on this sailing & just got a call from her / our TA (we are not going w/them on this sailing but use the same TA for our travel) and they were on a gurantee cabin & Celebrity just called the TA & said that they dont have a cabin for them--they are overbooked as the renovations are not going to be done in time & they are short cabins.

They have their cruise documents & have signed up for shore tours so it's not like the TA did something wrong & was trying to blame celebrity.

Anyone know about this ???

Travelscrapper, this is disturbing news ... we are also booked on that cruise, though in a specific cabin and not a guarantee. We have not yet heard anything from our TA about a cancellation.

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to your friend.

What is she going to do? I am assuming she has already booked airfare to Amsterdam, and that's usually very expensive to change or cancel.

What has Celebrity offered to do about that? Are they just refunding the fare she paid, or are they covering her additional expenses?

Jan

Not sure all what's all going on....they are still trying to "negoiate" compensation...or getting a cabin assignment...it all stalled last night do to the late hour of the day.

I would think that Celebrity would have to pay for the airfare / either out right or change fees as well as give them a free cruise but I've never had this happen before so not sure.

I'll call her later to see what happend.

Archived