Pre cruise hotel suggestions for Ft. Lauderdale

sandaneli

We are going to be cruising out of Ft Lauderdale in December and will be staying over the night before. Where have you stayed, what did it cost, was there a shuttle to the cruise terminal and would you stay there again.

Thanks

Try the Fairfield Inn ,Dania Beach Florida.

Brand New Hotel.

They have free airport shuttle and they do have shuttle service to the ship, didn't use it though.I believe there was a fee for that but not sure, it might says something on their website, might be included in the price of the room.

We stayed there post cruise and used the shuttle service to the Airport to fly home ONLY.

Keep in mind it's only about a $20 cab ride one way from the ship to this hotel. Cruise ship to Airport would be about the same.

Hotel does have a free shuttle to some places close by to eat. Didn't use it though.

We walked though twice for lunch and dinner to a place close by called Rustic Inn, very good seafood. Don't forget to try the alligator nuggets also. Yum yum.

Jimbo

We stayed at the Comfort Inn 2 weeks ago cost was $120.00 including tax, shuttle service from the airport & to the pier included. I booked the hotel direct thru Choice Hotels; I got a very reasonable rate but probably could have saved a couple of bucks thru Priceline.

Comfort Inn Airport/ Cruise Port South, 2520 Stirling Rd. Hollywood, FL (954) 922-1600

For whatever it’s worth it was a nice hotel for the price and I will stay there again.

Ron :)

I'd also love to hear about some hotels in Ft. Lauderdale specifically on the water taxi route. http://watertaxi.com/

We have a pre-cruise room at the Hitlon Doubletree but with tax it's going to run $263.61. I'll try Priceline as the date gets closer. I suspect with both the Allure and the Oasis that hotel rates are going to remain very high.

A few weeks ago we stayed at the Renaissance. Got it on priceline for $80. We had a corner room on the 12th floor and you could see the pier from there. It's a very nice hotel for the $80. It's right across the street from the port gate and a 2 block walk or so to the water taxi which we cruised around on the day we came back. $15 per person unlimited for the day. The hotel did have a shuttle - not free. It was cheaper to take a cab for $10. I stayed at the Comfort Inn also 2 years ago or so and I thought it was a decent place for the price. Wouldn't use the shuttle. If you do make sure you get your name on the list the day before because there is a long line for it. Just cheaper to grab a cab as it's right outside the port really.

I suspect with both the Allure and the Oasis that hotel rates are going to remain very high.

As an FYI - last year for the 3 nights before our Oasis Inaugural I got the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa for $105/night on Hotwire. Last weekend pre-Grandeur I got the Marriott for $40/night by Sawgrass Mills (Bon Jovi concert was one of the nights)

I always rent a car so can save $$ staying a little further away from the port and car rentals are dirt cheap in FLL (or i've just been getting VERY lucky...) Sebring Convertible for about $40/day in Dec and just had a Nissan Murano for $22/day last weekend!

Try the Fairfield Inn ,Dania Beach Florida.

Brand New Hotel.

They have free airport shuttle and they do have shuttle service to the ship, didn't use it though.I believe there was a fee for that but not sure, it might says something on their website, might be included in the price of the room.

We stayed there post cruise and used the shuttle service to the Airport to fly home ONLY.

Keep in mind it's only about a $20 cab ride one way from the ship to this hotel. Cruise ship to Airport would be about the same.

Hotel does have a free shuttle to some places close by to eat. Didn't use it though.

We walked though twice for lunch and dinner to a place close by called Rustic Inn, very good seafood. Don't forget to try the alligator nuggets also. Yum yum.

Jimbo

We just stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Nice new hotel. Free shuttle to the airport. $8pp to the cruise port. They loaded up the luggage and we did not have to touch it again until it showed up in our room. I used Marriott point, so I do not know what the rate per night is.

Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport. Will pick you up at the airport, will take you to the cruise port, will also let you park there for your cruise (not sure if there is a charge there...). Would stay there again. There isn't much around there.

I vote Hyatt Place for a large, clean, comfy room. If you want all the bells and whistles of beach, nice pool, etc. I'd stay elsewhere. The location is great(<1 mile from FLL airport and port) for walking to restaurants, shopping, picking up last minute items. Also have stayed at Hilton Marina which is on the water taxi route but I had a car while there and ended up driving back to Hyatt Place area for some last minute items. Check out valuetrips dot com and biddingfortravel dot com (priceline help) for booking. I've used both with great success.

biddingfortravel has a link for "hotel list" which will let you know which hotel you'll get for each region/star rating for FLL priceline bidding. (go to website and scroll down page to get to Fort Lauderdale,Fl. hotel list)

I vote Hyatt Place for a large, clean, comfy room. If you want all the bells and whistles of beach, nice pool, etc. I'd stay elsewhere. The location is great(<1 mile from FLL airport and port) for walking to restaurants, shopping, picking up last minute items. Also have stayed at Hilton Marina which is on the water taxi route but I had a car while there and ended up driving back to Hyatt Place area for some last minute items. Check out valuetrips dot com and biddingfortravel dot com (priceline help) for booking. I've used both with great success.

biddingfortravel has a link for "hotel list" which will let you know which hotel you'll get for each region/star rating for FLL priceline bidding. (go to website and scroll down page to get to Fort Lauderdale,Fl. hotel list)

Nothing to add. I wanted to post next after you.:D

The Marina Hilton is right next to the Harborwhere we had a room with a view of the cruise port. I got up by 5 AM and had my coffee on the balcony as I watched the ships come in. Great start of the cruise.

The Water Taxi has a stop right next to the Hilton.

I'd also love to hear about some hotels in Ft. Lauderdale specifically on the water taxi route. http://watertaxi.com/

We have a pre-cruise room at the Hitlon Doubletree but with tax it's going to run $263.61. I'll try Priceline as the date gets closer. I suspect with both the Allure and the Oasis that hotel rates are going to remain very high.

we love the Hyatt Pier 66...just booked a tower room w/king bed for $165 on the hyatt website for our upcoming trip. they have other rooms which were about $30 or so less expensive but we prefer the tower rooms as one side of the tower has direct views of the cruiseship pier and we just LOVE to watch the ships sail in and out, gets us excited for our cruise...this hotel is on the water taxi stop as well which we enjoy and take full advantage of during our stay. it is just a 20min taxi ride tops from airport and just minutes to the cruiseship. I do not believe they have a shuttle but I have never checked as I prefer to take my own taxi when I'm ready to head out, I hate to wait for crowds :D

Archived