cancel for work reasons?

DCguys

I'm wondering if anyone here as ever had to exercise the "cancel for work reasons" part of travel insurance.

I'm trying to chose insurance for our trip. The ones I'm looking at are all around the same price. I'm looking at the Travelguard Cruise/Tour/travel plan and the protect assist options. According to Insuremytrip.com both of these come with the cancel for work reasons option. I'm also considering a similarly priced policy through my (brick and mortar) TA. Work reasons are considered uncovered on this plan, but it has a part B that should give me 90% credit towards a new cruise.

There's a possibility I'll be promoted before our cruise (it's not final, I'm just competing for it). If so, I may not be able to take a long vacation...

Would this be covered?

I'm wondering if anyone here as ever had to exercise the "cancel for work reasons" part of travel insurance.

I'm trying to chose insurance for our trip. The ones I'm looking at are all around the same price. I'm looking at the Travelguard Cruise/Tour/travel plan and the protect assist options. According to Insuremytrip.com both of these come with the cancel for work reasons option. I'm also considering a similarly priced policy through my (brick and mortar) TA. Work reasons are considered uncovered on this plan, but it has a part B that should give me 90% credit towards a new cruise.

There's a possibility I'll be promoted before our cruise (it's not final, I'm just competing for it). If so, I may not be able to take a long vacation...

Would this be covered?

Here's the wording from the Protect Assist plan:

"j) the Insured or Traveling Companion is required to work during his/her scheduled Trip. He/she must provide proof of requirement to work, such as a notarized statement signed by an officer of his/her employer; In the situation of self-employment, proof of self-employment and a notarized statement confirming that the Insured is unable to travel due to his or her job obligations will be required."

It will be covered if you can comply with the stated requirements. Will an officer of the company be willing to produce the required notarized statement? If "yes" you should be good, if "no" you might want to look at a plan with a "cancel for any reason" benefit.

Archived