Help Needed with Insurance

DH and I are booked for a cruise in October (Caribbean). I've read through this board and decided that getting insurance is a good idea. I could use some help finding a good policy.

My step-father has cancer. If he were to die we would need to cancel our trip. I'd like to find a policy that will cover our cruise and flights.

I'd also like the policy to cover any medical issues while we're there, medical evacuation, lost luggage and missed flights/connections/boat.

What happens if Carnival cancels the trip due to something unforeseen such as terrorist attack, hurricane, tsunami, zombie invasion, etc....?

Thank you all for your help.

What happens if Carnival cancels the trip due to something unforeseen such as terrorist attack, hurricane, tsunami, zombie invasion, etc....?

Thank you all for your help.

If Carnival cancels they issue full refunds and often a discount on a future cruise. Tho zombie invasions are specifically excluded....:p;):eek:

Otherwise try http://www.insuremytrip.com.

You need a policy with a pre-existing conditions waiver, or a good "Cancel for Any Reason" rider. If you booked more than a month ago, CSA is a good option. If you just booked, pretty much all the major 3rd party providers should do the trick.

I always buy a TravelGuard Gold policy, but there are a bunch of different providers out there.

SirWired

I looked up CSA Insurance and they along with every other insurnace carrier I could find has no cancel for any reason policy unless you buy with a limited amount of time after depositing on your trip. there is always (maybe) an option of cancelling and rebooking and then purchasing insurance that includes pre exisiting and for any reason coverage at the time of booking. I know this did not work for me because the cruise price had increased so much and we could not get the cabin we wanted, just a suggestion if it would work for you.

If you cancel and re-book the same trip, the insurance companies specifically exclude that for purposes of re-starting the clock.

Any reason coverage may be offset by good pre-existing condition waivers. Most third party any reason coverage does not cover at 100% cash back, some cover on a sliding scale.

The OP will have to decide if any reason coverage (and cash vs. credit) is preferable to a good PEC waiver. That is a personal choice.

Given the same choices, I would go for the PEC waiver, since the anticipated reason is medical and would result in 100% cash refund in case of cancellation. OP may feel differently. I might choose differently if the reason were different, too.

Archived