What has happened with us and the Westin Diplomat

GwenyP

We got the Diplomat for our November stay for a bargain ($70) so I emailed the Diplomat to see how much it would cost to upgrade to an oceanview balcony. Our Hotwire confirmation gave us the address for the beach resort, so I was surprised when the Westin confirmed our reservation for the Golf resort. I emailed back and explained that we wanted the beach resort and I didn't understand why the Hotwire confirmation specified the beach resort if we're actually booked in the golf resort. They emailed me back and said the two resorts are actually considered as one but Hotwire will only let the Westin use only one address. (??). They did say they could change my reservation to the beach resort with no problem at no extra charge unless we wanted to upgrade. The last email from them said they did move my reservation, and believe me I have saved that email "just in case."

I guess the moral of this story is to confirm which part of the Diplomat you're staying at before you get there and are surprised. Plus, save the emails so there's not a hassle later on. HTH.

We are in the same position as you. We are booked to stay at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa in November and have confirmation from Hotwire confirming the same from when I booked it back in February. Anyway after a few phone calls with Hotwire, they put me on hold and called the hotel directly after which Hotwire was able to confirm with me that I was definitely staying at the beachfront location. Just tried looking for my paperwork on this, but have seemed to misplaced it. I will nevertheless call the hotel directly to confirm that they have us also staying there. I am certainly concerned that we will get the same run around that you were also told. I really want to stay at the beachfront location.

That is definitely confusing, and I'm glad you got it worked out. I seem to recall that the golf resort is simply called "The Diplomat" with no "Westin" which can be a problem if you dont know the difference.

That said, I've stayed here several times, and its a great resort. I'm jealous of your upcoming visits:D

Well, we will have our two kids with us, so we won't be playing golf. Plus, one of our daughters is in a wheelchair so that would be cumbersome with the shuttle. That's why we wanted the beach resort. Well, we have an email from the Westin in case there's a problem when we get there.

Hi Gwenyp,

We just got back from a cruise and stayed at the golf and spa location through priceline. It was without a doubt the nicest room we have won through either priceline or Hotmail. We did go to the ocean Westin for the afternoon and it is very impressive but much busier. If you would like I can send you pictures of both

Archived