Warning about the Scopolamine Patch -- Please Read

Rudydog

On 5/19/2018 at 3:15 AM, Campbell soup said:

I have been using the patch for almost 40 years. It makes travel possible for me. It makes me drowsy when I first put on the patch so I always put a new one on at night. That way I get a great night's sleep. This is especially useful the night before a trip when I would probably be up all night fretting over what I forgot to pack.

Of course, no shipboard doctor would prescribe the patch. This would mean he would have to go through your medical history and prescription history. They sure don't have the time or the interest to do that with every person who gets motion sickness on a cruise.

Best advice, talk to your personal physician and decide what is best for you. And, don't touch your eyes after putting on a patch. I did that once and learned my lesson. Karen

I've just discovered this patch - on a local NZ cruise. I had them with me - its a OTC medicine here. Itsaved my cruise - small, ice strengthened (ie rolls a  lot) ship in the southern Ocean.  I was still sick but I didn't get any nausea (which is the thing that knocks me out for days). I threw up - went to sleep (it was night when we hit the big water) , functioned normally the next day - I  am a complete convert. 

The ship's dr also got  sick and he said he handed outa LOT of patches that first night. I'll never cruise without them now, they have literally expanded my  cruising options