Yet one more first timer - but with a link to a view of a different kind of cabin!

Set Free

I'm so excited to be finally going on my first cruise. Hubby, my two little ones (7 and 9), my ILs and I will be going on the Veendam June 6th for Bermuda! I've always wanted to cruise but all of our money is tied up in another kind of cruise - sailing on our own 42 foot sailboat. Hubby has always said that's the only kind of cruising we'll do but when the ILs called with a great deal for this cruise, we decided that life is too short and we don't know how long they'll be around (both in their 80s) so we'd do it. My poor older two kids will be staying at home (17 and a senior in high school and 20, a sophomore in college) with my dad and they're a bit jealous but we just can't take the senior out of school and the oldest is working two jobs - not to mention the extra cost of another room!.

So this will be quite a different experience for us! We're used to dealing with the food, the cleaning, the "turning down the bed", the anchoring, the dragging the anchor, the mechanical issues, the storms, etc all ourselves and now we can relax!

Now - I thought I had a video of the inside of one of the cabins in our boat but it's on Facebook and I can't get it on YouTube so I'll show you another one. In this video, my daughter had to go up our 60 foot mast to take down the wind speed indicator that had broken. She sent it down in a bucket to my husband who was inside the boat during this video and she had a bit of time before he fixed it and sent it back to the top. So this is a view of the cabin top (the top of the boat part) way down below. :)

Well, this will certainly be a change of pace for you! No repairs that you'll need to do, no cooking, cleaning or straightening! And, alot less motion than I'm sure you're used to! Enjoy the experience!

Archived