Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, ShmuelCharlie said:

Even if I'm not linked together to sit at the same table, I dislike getting a two-top table when I'm aboard as a solo traveler. Do MDRs Maitre D's not know that not all guests part of groups, families or couples? They could ask solo cruisers whether they want to share tables with other solo cruisers. I usually try to ask these Maitre D's or headwaiters if they can sit me at shared tables when I'm at the door. The shared table worked out well for me aboard Coral Princess last February and eventually after many attempts aboard Celebrity Silhouette in '17 to Israel and Greece. 

My wife and usually cruise alone but always ask the MDR host/hostess for a six or eight top table. We like meeting new "friends". On our last cruise in Dec. 2021 (Rotterdam) we traveled with cousins. They, too, agreed to have another couple join us. Covid was the factor that limited us to one additional couple. 

Jim

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We are considering the refreshment package. Does anyone know the current prices for bottled water, juices, “specialty” coffees & teas and “mocktails”?
trying to decide if it’s worth the cost to us. TIA

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Depending on the price of the package, the break-even is around 5 drinks per day.

Thank you. That was my estimate but wasn’t sure since we haven’t cruised since pre COVID and prices have been all over the place.

Show Reservations

Can anyone share their experience with making show reservations?  I've only cruised when we were able to make reservations well in advance, now it appears we cannot make them until we are on the ship.  Sailing on Allure at the end of the month.  A little worried as we do not board until 1:30 pm.  Not sure if shows will be booked up by the time we can get on the ship.  Also not sure what capacity the ship is at I'm sure that would make a difference, is there a way to find this out?🙂

15 minutes ago, Rocky Mountain Cruisers said:

Also not sure what capacity the ship is at I'm sure that would make a difference,

It won’t really make a difference (all O class are likely to be fairly full) use the app to book shows. The only one that may fill up is the adult comedy one on the small dedicated venue. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 10:59 PM, tink1112 said:

We are considering the refreshment package. Does anyone know the current prices for bottled water, juices, “specialty” coffees & teas and “mocktails”?

I bought this package at $23/person/day. It's usually listed at around $34/person/day

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, Rocky Mountain Cruisers said:

we cannot make them until we are on the ship

This is true, although many of their ships don't require reservations for show and there (in my experience) was always seating available at shows. I just got off Freedom and they had disabled the reservations for shows/entertainment in the app.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:59 PM, tink1112 said:

Yes.  I buy this every time I cruise and it give you unlimited bottles of water and sparkling water in the dining rooms.  

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sailing July 4th. I uploaded my vaccine card two weeks ago and it still shows they are trying to validate. Should I be concerned? I don’t want to get to the port and they say they can’t validate my card. I also have my official vaccine record from my state health department- just in case. I’m sailing out on a holiday, it’s not like they can call my health department to verify that day. 

Edited by HealthCraig

• 5 weeks later...

Question:  How may room stewards "do" your cabin?   We have always had 2 on our Viking ocean cruises working together ... I do not know how many rooms they had to do.   

Just asking because I like to give a bag of individually wrapped peppermint LifeSavers on the first day and a box of MERCI chocolates on the last day as an extra surprise for the room stewards

We will be on a cruise that stops in Bermuda in October.  Bermuda has a requirement for both Travel Authorization and an upload of a negative covid test within 2 days of embarkation; a home test that is not proctored is not acceptable.

What is RCL current policy for refunds IF that test taken prior to embarkation is positive?   This would likely lock us/others out of cruising to Bermuda.

Would there be a refund or is this a travel insurance policy issue?   We haven't cruised since the start of the Covid problems and the new procedures are a mystery to us.

Thank You for sharing your experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, WeissGal said:

What is the cost of the unlimited beverage package? We are looking at a 7 day cruise to Canada. Thanks!

It will fluctuate. It is not like other cruise lines where the price is fixed. I always try to check the price during sales like the Black Friday Sale. Right now the beverage package on my upcoming cruise is way too expensive. I am waiting to see if the price drops. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to cruising post-covid.  

How do I find out what the itinerary is of my ship, the menus and other information?

I know the date of start & finish, the ports, but what about things like can I bring a bottle of wine on board, water? soda - how many and what container - bottles or cans.

Thanks.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, MILLERVILE said:

can I bring water onboard I see they sell caned water but we drink a lot of water and not crazy about cans? i also drink quinine foe leg cramps.

I recently sailed on Brilliance of the Seas.  The cabin had a small cooler which was entirely useless for keeping drinks, even in cans, cold.  It is labeled as a cooler rather than a refrigerator (so it would not be good for perishable foods) but honestly, the "cooled" cans of water would have almost the same temperature if I'd just left them on a counter in the air-conditioned cabin.