Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

On the 5th (Grand Promenade) deck of the Voyager class ships, there is a footbridge between the aft elevators (just aft of the Champagne Bar & Guest Relations.

This footbridge has black & yellow warning tape on the deck at each end indicating that the bridge is sloping up. But, especially on the first day, several people stumble on this footbridge. I saw one guy take a bad tumble - his cane flew 20 feet.

Watch out.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI for all those that do consecutive cruises (B2B) and redeem points electronically RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline.

When doing a B2B, since each cruise has it's own booking number and is independent of each other, C&A recommends that now when redeeming points, that a separate on-line transaction take place for each cruise. Since each points transaction has it's own confirmation number, it is much easier for points to be applied when just one cruise is listed in the comments box.

In the comments box please include

• Ship
  • Sailing Date
  • Booking Number
  • Amounts of Points being Redeemed

You can also call the Royal Rewards Department at 1-888-305-4626 at any time for assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rules For Posting On This Thread Are Very Simple:

Please feel free to add content, making sure you are leaving your OPINIONS at the door. Back up your contribution with facts -- by linking to appropriate information.

NO discussion/questioning is allowed in this thread.

Post your contribution as a REPLY to this posting.

• 2 weeks later...

WATER: It appears that although RC's Official policy is that you cannot bring drinks of any kind aboard, they have relaxed their rules a little. Several people on our April 5, 2012 sailing had cases of water with luggage tags attached delivered to their room. We had liters of water in our bags- no problems.

STATEROOMS: If you tend to be hot natured or like to sleep in a cool room, bring a fan. It will not get below 70* in your stateroom, even with the thermostat on max cool the entire time. Also, bring binder clips or some other type of clip to keep your curtain closed while you sleep if you have a window or balcony. You will be glad you did when you wake up without being blinded by the sun!

• 1 month later...

If you are like us and would like to know what time it is in the middle of the night without turning on the lights, bring a battery operated, glow in the dark clock with you. The ships power fluctuates slightly so that a plugin electric clock doesn’t keep accurate time. We tried one on a previous cruise and could not figure out why it kept losing or gaining time until we ask someone. :)

And if you're really geeky like I am, you will bring a clock that has an external temperature sensor, so you will know how warm or cool it is outside, even in the middle of the night. :p Just don't forget to pack it before you leave the ship at the end of the cruise.

I think they stopped this practice or atleast with me ..

A Commemorative Milestone Gift also known as Crystal Block, is supposed to be given to Crown and Anchor members. According to the June 1, 2010 enhanced benefits announcement, the gift is given ON the cruise that earns you your 20th CRUISE CREDIT. Another one is given on the cruise that earns you your CRUISE CREDIT number 30, 40, 50, etc.

The block is approximately 4" wide by 3" tall by 2" thick and weighs around 2#.

Here are a few photos of the blocks for reference purposes. It should have the ship name and likeness laser etched into the block.

Edited by Ricky H

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it have been posted before, but there are alot af telephones around the ship, and you can use them to call to your cabin or anyone else on the ship for free.

When you have the soda package, "ginger ale" are served by can, and not by fountain.

the above information are based on Brilliance.

Now, the Oasis and Allure of Seas are different. I believe you make advanced reservations for theater shows. I will let someone who has sailed on these provide more information.

Indeed they are :p

For Oasis & Allure OTS DUE To the Amount of PAX Aboard

YES you have to book your ALL your Entertament VIA Royal's website this info is programed into your SeaPass Card.

When you go to a show:

Ice Show

Theather

Aqua Theather (Cannot Recall)

Comedy Club

A Crew member will have a hand scanner ready to scan your SeaPass Card that way they know if they have any empty seats.

• 2 weeks later...
Certificates for Family & Friends will be given out when a NextCruise (Decide Later) booking is made.

When making a Future Cruise (now known as a Decide Now) booking you will no longer be given Certificates for Family & Friends.

Can you give more info on these certificates? Thanks.

Can you give more info on these certificates? Thanks.

When booking on board there are 2 types of bookings:

1. Booking a Future Cruise where you are picking a specific itinerary/sailing date. You get the reduced deposit of $100pp, which is refundable if you cancel prior to final payment. The only time you would not get a reduced deposit is when you book a GS cabin or higher, then a full double deposit is required. You will not get Certificates for Family and Friends when booking a Future Cruise.

2. Creating a NextCruise booking is where you are "not" picking a specific sailing date. With this type of booking you also get a reduced deposit of $100pp. A booking number is assigned that only becomes active once you convert to a specific itinerary/sailing date. There is no further money due at the time of conversion until final payment. However, if a GS or higher cabin category is booked at the time of conversion then a full double deposit would be required. A NextCruise does not expire. You also get two Certificates for Family and Friends with a NextCruise booking.

Both types of bookings will get you an OBC and balcony discount. Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

With the above bookings you can combine OBC from Visa Points and OBC received from a TA or as a gift from family/friends with any two benefits from RCI.

The SFP Via RC's Site

Prices in: CAN$/CDN$

7 Night W. Caribbean Allure OTS 18/Nov/12 - 24/Nov/12

Unlimited FSP $ 46.41

Gratuity $ 6.96

TOTAL $ 53.37

That works out to: $6.63/Night CAN$/CDN$

• 4 weeks later...

On the voyage of the seas There are double doors that lead outside. There was a sign that says "peek- a -boo bridge" and tape across the doors. But if the tape is down you can enter. There is a narrow deck and at the end you turn into a hallway and there are glass windows allowing you to see the bridge.

I do not remember the deck it was on but ask guest relations.

I don't know if it have been posted before, but there are alot af telephones around the ship, and you can use them to call to your cabin or anyone else on the ship for free.

When you have the soda package, "ginger ale" are served by can, and not by fountain.

the above information are based on Brilliance.

I'm diabetic and need one of these w/o caffeine -diet gingerale or diet caffeine free coke - after dinner to digest. Are they available on the ship or do I bring along some cans. On Carnival I bring a 12 pack but not sure of RCI? Thanks.

Edited by Aislinncursala

• 3 weeks later...

What we usually do when we board is immediately ask for the steward to empty the mini fridge. This avoids accidental useage of the products that you might get charged for...as well as possible mischarges.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm diabetic and need one of these w/o caffeine -diet gingerale or diet caffeine free coke - after dinner to digest. Are they available on the ship or do I bring along some cans. On Carnival I bring a 12 pack but not sure of RCI? Thanks.

I have not seen either of these drinks on Royal. Technically, no beverages are allowed to be brought on board, but they typically don't enforce the rule for soft drinks.

Since you have a medical condition that requires these specific drinks, I would not leave the issue to chance. I'd contact Royal's special needs department and make advance arrangements. You can email them at special_needs@rccl.com. Note the underscore "_" between special and needs.

On embarkation day, everyone is given a Public Health Questionnaire to fill out and submit when they check in. You are handed a form and then sent over to a table to fill out the questionnaire with pens that are provided on the table. Unfortunately, the pens provided have been previously used by other folks......some of which may be ill and not know it.

Click on one and it will bring you to a pdf file that is the Public Health Questionnaire that is handed out in the terminal. There are two forms per page.

You can print the forms off and have them ready to be signed once you arrive in the terminal. It's a simple matter of having your own pen with you and signing them prior to being checked in.

Thanks.....