Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

Hi, just joined the forum today. My wife and I are in our mid sixties and have booked our first ever cruise on the Radiance of the Seas, Sydney to Fremantle in March next year. Really looking forward to it.

Have also booked on the Pacific Jewell sailing to Noumea, Vila, Isle of Pines etc in September next year, so by the end of 2013 will surely know if we are suited to cruising or not. Have booked suites (small) on both ships.

• 1 month later...
Hi, just joined the forum today. My wife and I are in our mid sixties and have booked our first ever cruise on the Radiance of the Seas, Sydney to Fremantle in March next year. Really looking forward to it.

Have also booked on the Pacific Jewell sailing to Noumea, Vila, Isle of Pines etc in September next year, so by the end of 2013 will surely know if we are suited to cruising or not. Have booked suites (small) on both ships.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I'm sorry someone didn't reply back to you sooner. I guess my tip would be to check your roll call so you can meet others online on your cruise before you sail. The link is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Go to Radiance of the Seas and either look for your sailing or do a search in the upper right corner for your sailing. Then join the fun!

• 3 weeks later...
The Table Service Specialty Restaurants are available on the following ships:

Chops Grille - Royal Caribbean International

Freedom of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Portofino - Royal Caribbean International

Freedom of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Anyone have any advice for Chops Grille? We have booked one night for dinner there

I have not seen either of these drinks on Royal. Technically, no beverages are allowed to be brought on board, but they typically don't enforce the rule for soft drinks.

has anyone had soft drinks in cans confiscated and not returned?

And if you're really geeky like I am, you will bring a clock that has an external temperature sensor, so you will know how warm or cool it is outside, even in the middle of the night. :p Just don't forget to pack it before you leave the ship at the end of the cruise.

We use an LLBEAN travel clock that also has a temp reading as well as an alarm with a night light. It folds flat for storage.

llbeantravelclock.jpg.8a2520945d47f0509afd015536f6d3ef.jpg

has anyone had soft drinks in cans confiscated and not returned?

Ahoy Dog

We always bring a six or twelve pack of soda in our carryon luggage.

Our soda has never been taken away.

We sail out of Port of Tampa, Port Canaveral, and Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale).

Royal Caribbean also allows you to take two bottle of wine in your carry on also.

Wishing you a good cruise...

Dorothy

We use an LLBEAN travel clock that also has a temp reading as well as an alarm with a night light. It folds flat for storage.

Does it have an EXternal sensor? Mine broke, and I was just shopping for another one today. They are kind of hard to come by, all of a sudden!

Thanks I just bought one! I purchased their combination luggage scale/travel alarm clock last month, and was disappointed when I received it. It weighs about a pound! Which is really more weight than I want to pack. It did come with a $10 gift card though. :)

On Radiance class ships there is the SeaView Cafe. This restaurant is located on Deck 12 aft. There is no charge for food items, but there is a charge for soft drinks, beer, wine and alcoholic prepared beverages.

The menu which offers soups, salads, various sandwiches, fries, onion rings, salsa and chips, Nathan's hot dogs, fish & chips, chicken wings and a daily dessert is the same on Radiance, Serenade and Jewel. On Brilliance the menu is more Italian with many pasta dishes.

Hours during the day vary by port/sea day. The SeaView is opened daily from 9PM until 1AM for late night snacks. Dress is always casual.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do;jsessionid=00000H-ZeXqBvO3jmd4OanQ7m56:12hbioan0?exCode=540

Have you or anyone else stayed in cabin 8012 or 8088 balcony cabins next to the elevator? I am wondering whether you have to give up your privacy in order to have a larger balcony. If you are on the balcony, can you be seen from the glass elevators? Any advice you can offer would be welcomed before we book. Thanks

Hi all,

I've looked everywhere for an answer for this and can't seem to find one. i hope someone here can help.

We are from the UK going on a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. I'm 24, will be 25 at time of sailing, and my girlfriend who is sailing with me is 18. Will this be a problem due to RCIs Age Policy, as we're not married and obviously i'm not her legal guardian. We've looked over the policy and their FAQs more times than I care to count and we still can't figure it out, and we can't get hold of anyone at RCI to ask either :-/

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Duncan

Royal Caribbean does not currently offer any self service laundry facilities on board any of their ships. They do have complete laundry service available.

Here is a link to the current laundry prices.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

voyager did offer laundry service on our 14 day cruise for a special of $15 a bag per person but it was only washed and folded and it took 4 days to get back to the person in their cabin. if it was any other type of laundry service it would still take 3 days to get back to the person in their cabin.

we just cruised on voyager of the seas from sydney to hobart and around new zealand and as we boarded power boards where being taken off people as they where in their carry on luggage and their had been fires coming from taking these power boards on the ship my suggestion to all is if you are going to take a power board pack it in your luggage bag not your carry on luggage and make sure you are aware of the conversion rate of power from us to aus.

I'm excited!!! This will be my first cruise. I am going on the March 23 Craftsy Cruise. Anybody else taking that cruise?

Hi there and welcome to Cruise Critic. You really need to go here Royal Caribbean " Meet & Mingle" Roll Calls, find your ship and then find your sailing date. Once you've done that you can meet others that are sailing with you.

• 2 weeks later...
On embarkation day, everyone is given a Public Health Questionnaire to fill out and submit when they check in. You are handed a form and then sent over to a table to fill out the questionnaire with pens that are provided on the table. Unfortunately, the pens provided have been previously used by other folks......some of which may be ill and not know it.

Click on one and it will bring you to a pdf file that is the Public Health Questionnaire that is handed out in the terminal. There are two forms per page.

You can print the forms off and have them ready to be signed once you arrive in the terminal. It's a simple matter of having your own pen with you and signing them prior to being checked in.

This link didn't work. Would you mind re-posting? Thanks!

Perhaps someone had the foresight (not me!--maybe Patti did) to put it into a Word File. If so, I will request a copy!

Don't know why they would remove it. We never abused the privilege of having it before check-in; always filled it out on the way to the port thereby bypassing the hassle of no free arms, no pen, no place to write, etc.

Perhaps someone had the foresight (not me!--maybe Patti did) to put it into a Word File. If so, I will request a copy!

Don't know why they would remove it. We never abused the privilege of having it before check-in; always filled it out on the way to the port thereby bypassing the hassle of no free arms, no pen, no place to write, etc.

I would like it as well, if anyone finds or gets it please. ;)

Thats too bad about the Public Health Questionnaire link. You would think they would want people to implement that.

If someone finds a link I would be interested as well.

Thanks!

They probably just want to catch someone off guard that says they have a stomach ache or had one a week ago so they can keep them off the ship.

is it only wine that is allowed, can i bring a bottle of rum or a premix margarita ?

No. From the RCI website.....

"Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned".