Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

16 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I know you can always show up outside the reservation but If MTD is from 6:00pm-9:00pm are you saying we could be sitting much earlier than that or were you thinking dinner starting at like 5:30pm?

On Ovation MTD starts at 5:15 so showing up at 5:45 for a 6PM reservation should not be an issue.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On Ovation MTD starts at 5:15 so showing up at 5:45 for a 6PM reservation should not be an issue.

I'm on Allure and I emailed RCI Dining and was told ours was from 6-9 and the only way I could go earlier was to change to Traditional for the entire cruise. I planned on asking once on board anyway.  I just need the first night early to get some of the shows out of the way so we can "relax" more throughout the week.  

Edited by Mr. Candyman

Just now, Mr. Candyman said:

I'm on Allure and I emailed RCI Dining and was told ours was from 6-9 and the only way I could go earlier was to change to Traditional for the entire cruise. I planned on asking once on board anyway.  I just need the first night early due to some of the shows out of the way so we can "relax" more throughout the week.  

Usually MTD starts earlier than traditional - you may ask in a Roll Call thread what others have for MTD, I have a feeling your MTD may start at 5:30.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Usually MTD starts earlier than traditional - you may ask in a Roll Call thread what others have for MTD, I have a feeling your MTD may start at 5:30.

If it does that would be perfect.....thanks for tip.  I'll go check in with our Roll Call.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2010 at 3:02 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Royal Caribbean does not currently offer any self service laundry facilities on board any of their ships. They do have complete laundry service available.

Here is a link to the current laundry prices.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

So that would be $2.00 per pair of socks or underwear?

• Haha 1

For dinner in the Windjammer with theme nights - are there also non themed food available?   For example on Indian night, will there also be more "kid friendly" things like burgers or even a normal salad bar available?  

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Diamond Lounge

Can anyone inform me if the Diamond Lounge is open during the day on Explorer of the Seas and also which deck it is on?

We are 1st time Diamond for our cruise on 31 August. I know that we will have 3 drinks loaded on to our card for use in any bar between 4.30-8 pm including the dining room, but I am hazy on the function of the Diamond Lounge. Can I go there for drinks during the day?

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Can anyone inform me if the Diamond Lounge is open during the day on Explorer of the Seas and also which deck it is on?

Can I go there for drinks during the day?

Deck 14, open 24/7. 

No drinks outside of D hours. 

• Like 1

Coco Cay Thrill Water Park Cabana:

For SIX people.  Other cabanas outside Thrill Water Park at Coco Cay have up to 8 people.

INCLUDES admission ticket for six to Thrill Water Park

No need to bring beach towels from the ship -- they are provided for you at your cabana

Cabana attendant can bring drinks, food, etc from a set menu.

There is a locker at each cabana -- a lockable compartment in each table at the cabana can hold a medium sized backpack without difficulty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, Tinkerbellsparkle said:

Thank you. So in the MDR is that all they can get with their meal?

Do you know how much 1 soda (like a Sprite or Cocacola) would be?

Thank you

We were able to bring 12 cans of soda on the ship & 2 bottles of wine and get wine glasses from room service by calling dining. I believe this is per cabin.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, Penny21 said:

We were able to bring 12 cans of soda on the ship & 2 bottles of wine and get wine glasses from room service by calling dining. I believe this is per cabin.

Explorer of the Seas.

Diamond perks not listed in the letter in the cabin.

4 bottles of complimentary water in the cabin on embarkation. This can be supplemented at the Diamond Happy Hour, but we didn’t find out about this until one week into our cruise.

The Letter said ’Have a drink on us.’

The free drinks were topped up continuously in the Diamond Lounge.

We were then able to use the 3 drinks loaded on our card in the dining room until 8.30 ( we were asked at about 8.20 if we wanted another drink).

4 hours ago, colorado45 said:

Can someone tell me if RCI has upgraded their picture capability so that we don't have to purchase actual pictures and can get them digitally? It has been since 2016 that we have cruised.

Definitely digital on Allure and the photo guy said soon they're going to stop printing them unless requested to do so

"Refreshment Package" question?  Bottled water and sparkling water are included.  Can I get San Pellegrino, Perrier, or Evian with the Refreshment Package, or are the brands of lower quality?  

I am new to Royal (just two previous cruises a long time ago), but am Elite Plus with Celebrity.  With Celebrity, we always get the Premium package, which includes the premium waters noted above.  

• 1 month later...

I notice there is no longer any mention of Internet access in descriptions of "Diamond" perks or is that something you find out upon boarding ?

In the most basic paid package (no Stream), can one use ordinary texting (SMS) or is some sort of third party app needed ?

- - - ditto - - -  can you use attachments with emails ?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2010 at 10:47 PM, aloha of the seas said:

It is very common for passengers to use a CPAP and RCI will gladly help you. Generally there are no outlets near the night tables next to the bed. You will need an extension cord. Most times your cabin steward will provide it as soon as he sees that you have a CPAP. To be safe, you can always ask.

If you use Distilled Water for your Humidifier, it is best if you ask the Special Needs Dept ahead of time. They can best reached at special_needs@rccl.com or (866) 592-7225.

Yes - the steward will bring your extension cord, distilled water & set up the cord for each guest if both of you have one - like me and my husband

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 12:38 AM, pspercy said:

I notice there is no longer any mention of Internet access in descriptions of "Diamond" perks or is that something you find out upon boarding ?

In the most basic paid package (no Stream), can one use ordinary texting (SMS) or is some sort of third party app needed ?

Thanks

Never was listed as a perk. It is one of the coupons loaded an your Sea Pass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 11:38 PM, pspercy said:

Thanks

Can't answer the Diamond question. We had the wifi package that comes with the Key (would have to look to see which one it is) and were able to text iPhone to iPhone. Had to email my son's Samsung phone and we were able to attach pictures to all. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/18/2010 at 10:29 AM, Tanderra said:

Hope it doesn't ever apply to you, but.....the Medical Centre on RCI's ships are excellent. X-rays, various 'tests' and an ICU...which I was in.

The Medical Centre is usually found on deck 1. Doctor and staff are brilliant.

Thank goodness for travel insurance 🙂

I agree w/the quality of the Med Centers on both RCCL and Celebrity cruise line ships. When I had an accident on Lanzarote in the Canary Islands in '14, the Independence of the Seas Med Center treated me very well. Also, a day after visiting Dover's nearby sights in August '19, I visited the Med Center to buy a cane for 28 bucks. The cane has served me well for the past year--good, Medical equipment quality. Similarly, when I had trouble walking to the bus for a Scotland Highlands shore excursion that same August, I was served very well at the Celebrity Reflection's Med Center. Lastly, when I came aboard the Celebrity Millennium for a 16-day Holiday Cruise to South America during '05-06, I had a very bad accident falling down the stairs at the theater, and was taken to the Med Center for very good treatment by this very nice Romanian physician. Bottom line: Expect terrific service in the Med Center aboard RCCL and Celebrity ships, but be prepared for a little sticker shock and trouble back home w/getting reimbursed by health carrier for medical expenses incurred during the cruise.

On 5/16/2010 at 6:01 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Royal Caribbean has different classes of ships.

Sovereign Class

Monarch of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas

Vision Class

Legend of the Seas

Splendour of the Seas

Granduer of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Radiance Class

Radiance of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

Voyager Class

Voyager of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Freedom Class

Freedom of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Oasis Class

Oasis of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Let's not forget the newer ships in the Oasis class and the newer Quantum class: These include Harmony of the Seas in Oasis class and Quantum and Anthem of the Seas in Quantum class. I'll be cruising aboard Harmony OTS next June but I wouldn't mind doing an Quantum OTS class cruise in the near future so that I can experience the North Star ride and do the bumper car ride at the SeaPlex. 

On 2/8/2019 at 9:03 AM, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Wear what you feel comfortable in.

Disagree: Please do not wear flip-flops in the MDR for any meal served for safety and sanitary reasons: you don't want a burn from either a scalding hot beverage or a dish of food spilled by either your server or you during the meal. Instead, please wear flats. Regarding the sundress, the temperature aboard the ship, especially inside the MDR or elsewhere can be freezing, so be prepared to wear either a sweater or a shawl to avoiding catching cold while having dinner.