Radisson Admiral Semmes Mobile

I was able to get the Radisson on Priceline for $64+tax. The hotel charges $55 for the park/ride package ($35 for parking and $20 for the shuttle). I do NOT recommend the shuttle!!!

We only live 4 hours from port, but decided to drive down the night before so we could be well rested and one of the first ones to the terminal. We checked in Friday night and were told the first shuttle at 11:00 was full but we would be on the 11:30 shuttle. I had originally wanted to leave at 10:30, but STUPID me just said OK. We got to the lobby at 11:15 to begin waiting on the shuttle. The 11:30 shuttle (van) did not arrive until after 12:00, and too many people were waiting so we were told we would have to wait until the next shuttle. I was LIVID because the group of people waiting in the lobby were NOT told of this delay at any time!! I went and got a refund of the $20 shuttle fee and called a cab, which took half an hour to arrive (still no shuttle!!). The fare was $7 and we were at the port in 5 minutes. I REALLY wish I had done this to begin with and called a cab at 10:30 instead of waiting on the shuttle. We got to the port right in the middle of the mad rush (around 1:00) and it took almost 2 hours to get on the ship!!! My drive the night before became meaningless!

Therefore, I would recommend the hotel itself but NOT the shuttle service! Get a cheap rate somewhere, park in the public garage ($7/day vs. $15/day at the port) and take a CAB to port!! Our driver went on some back roads around the long traffic line and dropped us off at the door.

I was able to get the Radisson on Priceline for $64+tax. The hotel charges $55 for the park/ride package ($35 for parking and $20 for the shuttle). I do NOT recommend the shuttle!!!

We only live 4 hours from port, but decided to drive down the night before so we could be well rested and one of the first ones to the terminal. We checked in Friday night and were told the first shuttle at 11:00 was full but we would be on the 11:30 shuttle. I had originally wanted to leave at 10:30, but STUPID me just said OK. We got to the lobby at 11:15 to begin waiting on the shuttle. The 11:30 shuttle (van) did not arrive until after 12:00, and too many people were waiting so we were told we would have to wait until the next shuttle. I was LIVID because the group of people waiting in the lobby were NOT told of this delay at any time!! I went and got a refund of the $20 shuttle fee and called a cab, which took half an hour to arrive (still no shuttle!!). The fare was $7 and we were at the port in 5 minutes. I REALLY wish I had done this to begin with and called a cab at 10:30 instead of waiting on the shuttle. We got to the port right in the middle of the mad rush (around 1:00) and it took almost 2 hours to get on the ship!!! My drive the night before became meaningless!

Therefore, I would recommend the hotel itself but NOT the shuttle service! Get a cheap rate somewhere, park in the public garage ($7/day vs. $15/day at the port) and take a CAB to port!! Our driver went on some back roads around the long traffic line and dropped us off at the door.

Thanks for the info. We're staying there in August ($55 on Pr***line). We are planning to walk to the terminal because we have read (and confirmed on Mapquest) that it is only about a 5 block walk. We'll be parking in the city garage across the street from the Admiral Semmes.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had to go through that on the first day of your vacation/cruise! I know that must have sucked! I love being one of the first ones on the ship and I would have been highly irate!!!

Ashley :)

I would love to book our pre-cruise hotel in Mobile via Priceline since I am a true believer in PL.

But, not being familiar at all with the Mobile area, I am nervous and placing a bid. Any tips? If i choose the bay area and only choose 3 or 4* hotels, should i be okay? I had decided to just book a Park & Cruise deal, but seeing the posts here about PL bids has me reconsidering. Do you know if all the 3 and 4* hotels would let us pay a little extra and park?

And, how far could i bid before it would quit making sense? I think the cruise parking garage would run us about $70 (5 day cruise).

Asking lots of questions here, so any advice at all will be most appreciated.

Thanks so much.

I would love to book our pre-cruise hotel in Mobile via Priceline since I am a true believer in PL.

But, not being familiar at all with the Mobile area, I am nervous and placing a bid. Any tips? If i choose the bay area and only choose 3 or 4* hotels, should i be okay? I had decided to just book a Park & Cruise deal, but seeing the posts here about PL bids has me reconsidering. Do you know if all the 3 and 4* hotels would let us pay a little extra and park?

And, how far could i bid before it would quit making sense? I think the cruise parking garage would run us about $70 (5 day cruise).

Asking lots of questions here, so any advice at all will be most appreciated.

Thanks so much.

This is what I did:

- Select "Mobile Bay Vicinity"

- Select 3-Star Upscale

- Enter your price (I wouldn't bid more than $60 to start)

From the research I did on P****line, there are only 3 3-star hotels and 1 4-star hotel in the "Mobile Bay Vicinity":

-Radisson Admiral Semmes (3 star)

-Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel (3 star)

-Holiday Inn Mobile - Dwtn/Hist Dist (3 Star)

-Renaissance Battle House (4 star)

I can't guarantee that this will work, but it worked for me.

Also, there is no need to pay the hotel for parking. There is a city garage across the street from the Admiral Semmes that charges $7/day. You can either walk to the port or grab a taxi. should be cheaper than the $20 shuttle (but again - no guarantees).

Just keep researching on these boards. Lots of good info!

Wow, Ashley! Thanks for the advice. You make me know i can do this.

Thanks again....great help!

Please let me know how it works out for you. Also, since you'll be on the ship a few weeks before me, please post again when you return and let me know how the ship, crew, and overall vacation was! :D

I will post all about when we get back. Only 75 days to go! :D

Just got Radisson Admiral Semmes for $54 for the night before we leave. Feels good to scratch that off the list. The parking garage across the street sounds just dandy.

Thanks again.

I will post all about when we get back. Only 75 days to go! :D

Just got Radisson Admiral Semmes for $54 for the night before we leave. Feels good to scratch that off the list. The parking garage across the street sounds just dandy.

Thanks again.

AWESOME!! Great Job! You beat me by $1!!

If you're looking for a place to have breakfast, google a place called "Spot of Tea". It's like two blocks from the hotel and their breakfast menu looks phenomenal!!! I plan on trying it when we stay.

Have a great cruise! I look forward to hearing all about it when you return!

Just FYI....you don't have to cross the street to get to the parking garage; it's right next door, just walk a few feet on the sidewalk! We had no issues with the parking :).

ps. The cruise was WONDERFUL after embarkation!!! We loved it and I'm planning another "girls only" trip this fall on the Elation!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to all on this thread. We are going in 2 weeks, and I just got the Semmes for $55 on priceline.

Ha! You've got us beat. It's costing us $100 to attend my wife's 30 year class reunion this Sat. night at the Rad. and we don't even get to stay the night! :)

Thanks to all on this thread. We are going in 2 weeks, and I just got the Semmes for $55 on priceline.

Congrats! Glad we could help.

Hope you have a great cruise!! If it's not too much trouble, would you mind saving your capers and scanning them in when you get home?? (Pretty please). I'm dying to see some recent Elation capers!!!

Thanks,

How did you handle getting back? Was it hard to get a cab after the cruise?

We are sailing July 17th and I'm trying to get this part of the trip taken care of. I actually need five rooms for our group. I got a price of $129 plus tax at the Hampton, but the 60 sounds better with the 35 parking!!

We were thinking of getting a couple of people to drive us to the port and then come back and park and take a cab back. What do you think of that plan?

We are leaving in three weeks, so we will be anxiously awaiting any advice! Are you planning on walking to the terminal or taking a cab?

My plan is to get the lay of the land the night before and then decide whether to cab it, walk it or drive it...From reading these boards, driving it doesn't seen likely. Luckily this cruise gets me to platinum level so we should get the vip checkin--

My plan is to get the lay of the land the night before and then decide whether to cab it, walk it or drive it...From reading these boards, driving it doesn't seen likely. Luckily this cruise gets me to platinum level so we should get the vip checkin--

I have "walked" it on Google Earth. If you download it, they have a street view feature where you can see "real life" pictures of everything. The walk doesn't look bad at all and there are sidewalks the entire way. You'll walk right past Fort Conde.

I'm planning to walk it with my daughters...hopefully it won't be raining!!!

http://www.mobile.org/packages.php#Radisson%20Admiral%20Semmes%20Hotel

From the Radisson cruise pkg ... it says to please make your shuttle reservation when you book ..if you wait until you arrive, no wonder its a mess. We stayed at Radisson at another port, so I knew when I booked, to book the shuttle the same day and get on the first shuttle.

Complimentary shuttle service to and from cruise terminal (based on availability).

Please make shuttle arrangements at time of reservation.

I dont know Mobile ... just posting this so people know to book the shuttle when they book the hotel

Booked 2 rooms through Priceline for this hotel today at $54 per night for end of August cruise. We'll go to Spot of Tea for breakfast Saturday morning and then jump on the Elation later that day.

Booked 2 rooms through Priceline for this hotel today at $54 per night for end of August cruise. We'll go to Spot of Tea for breakfast Saturday morning and then jump on the Elation later that day.

Great minds think alike!!! That's our plan, too! Except my daughters don't know about the cruise yet. So, after breakfast I'm going to walk them over to the river & when they see the ship, I'll say "surprise - we're going on a cruise!!!" I can't wait!!!

Ashley :-)

Great minds think alike!!! That's our plan, too! Except my daughters don't know about the cruise yet. So, after breakfast I'm going to walk them over to the river & when they see the ship, I'll say "surprise - we're going on a cruise!!!" I can't wait!!!

Lol nice!

http://www.mobile.org/packages.php#Radisson%20Admiral%20Semmes%20Hotel

From the Radisson cruise pkg ... it says to please make your shuttle reservation when you book ..if you wait until you arrive, no wonder its a mess. We stayed at Radisson at another port, so I knew when I booked, to book the shuttle the same day and get on the first shuttle.

I dont know Mobile ... just posting this so people know to book the shuttle when they book the hotel

I tried to make the shuttle reservation when I booked. I called the hotel directly and was told you could only make your reservation at arrival. We arrived late Friday night for a Saturday departure and made our reservation at that time. It was obviously overbooked. Like I said, a cab or walking is your best choice if you're time sensitive!

All settled in for our pre cruise stay at the Semmes. Clean rooms, comfy beds, nice pool are outside for the kids to unwind b4 getting to bed. All set to head to the port in the am.

FYI--the parking garage is not condusive to vehicles with roof top carriers---ouch

Tried to get the shuttle, but they could not accomodate us till 2 pm...we did check in late though. I will go the route of driving to the terminal and taking a chance there, rather than a cab.

All settled in for our pre cruise stay at the Semmes. Clean rooms, comfy beds, nice pool are outside for the kids to unwind b4 getting to bed. All set to head to the port in the am.

FYI--the parking garage is not condusive to vehicles with roof top carriers---ouch

Tried to get the shuttle, but they could not accomodate us till 2 pm...we did check in late though. I will go the route of driving to the terminal and taking a chance there, rather than a cab.

Have a great cruise! Please report back when you return. Save your Funtimes if you can...I'll have lots of questions for you when you get back!

Bon Voyage!!!

Archived