Radisson Admiral Semmes Mobile

I was thinking we'd do a duet some day. :p

Uhm, probably wouldn't be very pretty on my part. :p

I'm still waiting on that CD, by the way!

I'll be at the Admiral Semmes in 2 days. I'll try to send an update from the hotel.

Ashley :)

Uhm, probably wouldn't be very pretty on my part. :p

I'm still waiting on that CD, by the way!

I'll be at the Admiral Semmes in 2 days. I'll try to send an update from the hotel.

thanks!! we have reservations there in several weeks...

Ash I hope you guys have a great vacation, I know you will. :)

Thanks. I'm sure we will have a blast - especially the girls! I'm really looking forward to relaxing and bonding with them!

I keep reading your roll call and I wish I could join you guys! Looks like you have a good group going.

Thanks. I'm sure we will have a blast - especially the girls! I'm really looking forward to relaxing and bonding with them!

I keep reading your roll call and I wish I could join you guys! Looks like you have a good group going.

Oops I forgot all about it. Nunu is back on the 20th I'll let him know. :p

Ashley,

Here's to a great cruise! You were the one who helped me with PL in Mobile and it was from a post of yours that i learned about Spot of Tea. :)

At the time, my cruise (now history) seemed a long ways off and yours seemed forever in the future.

Will be watching for your reviews/comments/news! Enjoy the look on your daughers' faces when they finally get the news!! Hope you have a camera handy.

Ashley,

Here's to a great cruise! You were the one who helped me with PL in Mobile and it was from a post of yours that i learned about Spot of Tea. :)

At the time, my cruise (now history) seemed a long ways off and yours seemed forever in the future.

Will be watching for your reviews/comments/news! Enjoy the look on your daughers' faces when they finally get the news!! Hope you have a camera handy.

Thank you so much. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you for all the info you provided after your cruise - that helped me a lot! :D

I love this little online community!!

I'm a little worried because it's supposed to be raining Saturday morning, so I might have to alter my plans for how I'm going to spring the news to the girls. But, regardless, I'm going to try to film it. I will definitely report back.

Have a great week while I'm out to sea and I'll "see" you when I get back!!

About the parking package at the Semmes. If you just want to park , no shuttle can you do that? If i go to the garage directly, who would I pay? Are there attendents there? Also does it cost more to park a van ( not a mini van either like a 12 passenger van)

About the parking package at the Semmes. If you just want to park , no shuttle can you do that? If i go to the garage directly, who would I pay? Are there attendents there? Also does it cost more to park a van ( not a mini van either like a 12 passenger van)

Here's the number for the Radisson. (251) 432-8000 I think it may be cheaper to pay them than to pay directly at the garage. If you pay at the Rad they will shuttle you to and from, but, you wouldn't necessarily have to use the shuttle if you didn't want to. I have heard that some have actually parked at the county garage and only had to pay for one day of parking because of the timing of when they parked. Ask Jetskier about when he parked there and only had to pay for one day.

Ashley if you see this could you be a doll and find out if the Cat 12 suites have been upgraded? Thanks pumpkin! :D

Anything for you C2K!!!

Well, we're here at the Semmes! So far okay - nothing WOW, but nothing bad. The lady checking me in said the name of their new owner, but I can't remember what she said. It is not a chain, I think it's like a management group or something. She said that they are now just known as the Admiral Semmes hotel. That lady was very nice, other one was not quite as nice.

The girls are having a blast in the pool right now and I'm just hanging out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll post again when I return.

Ash :-)

oh, wow!! This is exciting---you are THERE. on the scene.:D

Is your bed at the Admiral Semmes not really comfortable? Ours was.

DS got Banana Foster French Toast (or something like) that for breakfast at Spot of Tea and thought it was very good. He never raves about food, but this came close.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!!! Had a great cruise and will be posting a review within the next couple of days. I have mixed feelings about the Admiral Semmes. Price and location were GREAT, staff was friendly, but the room left a little to be desired. Carpet needs to be replaced and there was mold in the bathroom. I'll post pictures as soon as they are all uploaded.

Spot of Tea was "spot" on!! Everything was DELICIOUS!! I had the Eggs Cathedral and the rest of the group had Banana Foster French Toast, Seafood Eggs Benedict, Monte Cristo sandwich, cheddar omelet, and Belgian pancakes. I'll post (half-eaten) pictures soon. Oh - and the Strawberry Iced tea was "to die for"!

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone sailing out of Mobile!

Let's see if I can figure out how to post pictures. :p

I forgot to take the pics until we were halfway done eating, sorry!

Eggs Cathedral

th_100_0319.jpg?t=1282586497

Banana Foster French Toast

th_100_0320.jpg?t=1282586497

Seafood Eggs Benedict

th_100_0321.jpg?t=1282586497

Archived