Radisson Admiral Semmes Mobile

• 1 month later...

The Admiral Semmes was very nice - would stay there again in a heartbeat - especially with the PL deal. :)

We messed around and checked into the shuttle too late and got on the 12:30 shuttle. If I had to do that over again, we would have just paid for the parking and taken a taxi to get to the port much earlier (!)- the shuttle was $20 and the parking was $35. When we got back into Mobile yesterday, DH called the shuttle when we were just about through port security. The shuttle arrived within 5 minutes, so that made us happy.

The folks at the Admiral Semmes were quite friendly. For some reason, the front desk seems to move extra slowly...but no complaints on their friendliness. A couple times we had to go to the desk to take care of things and each time took 20 minutes or so. Once it was because they messed up on the room charges. It all got straightened out, but took sooooo long.

We walked to Wintzell's Oyster House for dinner on Sunday evening and then to Spot of Tea on Monday morning for breakfast. I highly recommend both!:) After dinner we decided to walk down to the port area to check it out. Wellllll...it was well within walking distance but it was also muggy/warm.

Just about the time we made it, a little dog started following us - this was on Canal Street - no place for a dog. He had a tag with a vet's office #. We called that # but they could not help us on a Sunday night, so we called two other #'s they suggested. Nobody would come get this little dog on a Sunday night. Here we were in Mobile, busy intersection, lost dog, night before our cruise. We couldn't leave the dog (who seemed VERY happy to have found us), so we carried the dog back to the hotel. The desk folks were so nice when we walked in all sweaty carrying a dog. They called the hotel restaurant and a couple servers came out to check out the dog. They both seemed to be dog lovers and one of them agreed to take the dog home until she could call the vet's office on Monday morning. So, we gave her a ride - way on the other side of Mobile. By the time we headed back to the hotel, it was 8:30 P.M. We got lost somewhere down near the port...dark and scary/lonely when you are lost.

Whew, that was a long story and most likely will NOT happen to you. :p

(We called yesterday when we got back in Mobile. The phone # the vet has on file for the dog - which turns out to be a full blooded rat terrier - is a non-working number. DH said the girl sounds like she hopes to keep the dog if she cannot find the owner).

We loved Mobile. What a beautiful city. Next time I hope we can explore it more - and in a different area than where we accidentally explored Sunday night.

The Admiral Semmes was very nice - would stay there again in a heartbeat - especially with the PL deal. :)

We messed around and checked into the shuttle too late and got on the 12:30 shuttle. If I had to do that over again, we would have just paid for the parking and taken a taxi to get to the port much earlier (!)- the shuttle was $20 and the parking was $35. When we got back into Mobile yesterday, DH called the shuttle when we were just about through port security. The shuttle arrived within 5 minutes, so that made us happy.

The folks at the Admiral Semmes were quite friendly. For some reason, the front desk seems to move extra slowly...but no complaints on their friendliness. A couple times we had to go to the desk to take care of things and each time took 20 minutes or so. Once it was because they messed up on the room charges. It all got straightened out, but took sooooo long.

We walked to Wintzell's Oyster House for dinner on Sunday evening and then to Spot of Tea on Monday morning for breakfast. I highly recommend both!:) After dinner we decided to walk down to the port area to check it out. Wellllll...it was well within walking distance but it was also muggy/warm.

Just about the time we made it, a little dog started following us - this was on Canal Street - no place for a dog. He had a tag with a vet's office #. We called that # but they could not help us on a Sunday night, so we called two other #'s they suggested. Nobody would come get this little dog on a Sunday night. Here we were in Mobile, busy intersection, lost dog, night before our cruise. We couldn't leave the dog (who seemed VERY happy to have found us), so we carried the dog back to the hotel. The desk folks were so nice when we walked in all sweaty carrying a dog. They called the hotel restaurant and a couple servers came out to check out the dog. They both seemed to be dog lovers and one of them agreed to take the dog home until she could call the vet's office on Monday morning. So, we gave her a ride - way on the other side of Mobile. By the time we headed back to the hotel, it was 8:30 P.M. We got lost somewhere down near the port...dark and scary/lonely when you are lost.

Whew, that was a long story and most likely will NOT happen to you. :p

(We called yesterday when we got back in Mobile. The phone # the vet has on file for the dog - which turns out to be a full blooded rat terrier - is a non-working number. DH said the girl sounds like she hopes to keep the dog if she cannot find the owner).

We loved Mobile. What a beautiful city. Next time I hope we can explore it more - and in a different area than where we accidentally explored Sunday night.

Ohyes,

Thanks so much for the review. I'm so glad the hotel worked out for you. I can't wait to get there in just 11 days!!!

How kind and compassionate of you to take care of that dog. You've got some good Karma coming your way!!

So, how was the cruise? Felipe? Do you happen to have any Funtimes you can scan in? Or do you remember any highlights.

Well - welcome back to reality. And thanks again for the update!

Ashley :)

You'all are making me rethink my Elation cruises to use priceline (has anyone looked at hotwire or other discounters?)

Fire I only use priceline for hotels. I think it's the best way to go unless you have more than 3 in a room. My friend told me about cruise critic and said you are a nice person. He got sent to time out for being a Nunuisance poster. :D

Fire I only use priceline for hotels. I think it's the best way to go unless you have more than 3 in a room. My friend told me about cruise critic and said you are a nice person. He got sent to time out for being a Nunuisance poster. :D

I echo Cruise2Karaoke... he/she seems like a wise and wonderful person - with good taste in food & hotels. ;)

Ashpalo,

Check out the Moda! free shuttle. It can drop you off at or very close to the Spot of Tea (it's on its route) and can drop you off across the street from the cruise terminal. My wife and I checked out the shuttle this weekend - unfortunately circumstances kept us from eating breakfast at the restaurant ....dam the luck!

I am looking forward to your comments on the food at the Spot of Tea so I can be ready when we cruise out of Mobile in January.

Ouachita,

Where you from in southern AR? :) (originally from DeWitt here)....

Spot of Tea is so close to the hotel, you probably wouldn't even want a shuttle unless it is raining. With luggage, the port might be another story entirely.

Okay, Ouachita - this is the last personal post I will make because other readers probably do not enjoy so much.

HOWEVER, i gotta say....class of 1973 here, too! I am NOT kidding.

If you feel like it...

have a gmail account

onward55@

we may know each other!

Ashpalo,

Check out the Moda! free shuttle. It can drop you off at or very close to the Spot of Tea (it's on its route) and can drop you off across the street from the cruise terminal. My wife and I checked out the shuttle this weekend - unfortunately circumstances kept us from eating breakfast at the restaurant ....dam the luck!

I am looking forward to your comments on the food at the Spot of Tea so I can be ready when we cruise out of Mobile in January.

Thanks for the info on the Moda. If it's raining, I think we're going to take the Moda - if not, we'll walk it. I need to call them and find out how long it takes to get from the Admiral Semmes to the Cruise terminal.

I'm really looking forward to trying the Spot of Tea. I'll definitely report back on this thread when I return.

Thanks,

hmmmm..something is definitely amok. The last review posted on Trip Advisor for the hotel sure made is sound like something strange is going on.....DH and I didn't 100% believe the poster, but now it is looking curiouser and curiouser....

hmmmm..something is definitely amok. The last review posted on Trip Advisor for the hotel sure made is sound like something strange is going on.....DH and I didn't 100% believe the poster, but now it is looking curiouser and curiouser....

I just called & my reservation for Friday is still in the system. She made it sound like they aren't going to be a Radisson anymore. She didn't say it out right, but her phrasing made it sound that way. She did confirm that they were purchase by the Holiday Inn owner.

It should be an interesting stay!!

Ashley :-)

I don't go till Jan. so I have a long time to see what happens. Their is the senior bowl going on when I'm going and the NFL have all the rooms on hold. So all the close places are gone. I do think they will honor all of the res. they have and may improve somethings.Wait and see.

I just called & my reservation for Friday is still in the system. She made it sound like they aren't going to be a Radisson anymore. She didn't say it out right, but her phrasing made it sound that way. She did confirm that they were purchase by the Holiday Inn owner.

It should be an interesting stay!!

Ashley :-)

I just called and confirmed our 2 rooms for the 27th. Please let us know how it goes. :eek:

I just called and confirmed our 2 rooms for the 27th. Please let us know how it goes. :eek:

Will do. The lady on the phone was very nice and told me that although check in time is 3:00, we can check in anytime after noon! We probably won't get there until 3:00, but it's nice to have that option available!

Boy - I'm so ready to be there already!!!!

Will do. The lady on the phone was very nice and told me that although check in time is 3:00, we can check in anytime after noon! We probably won't get there until 3:00, but it's nice to have that option available!

Boy - I'm so ready to be there already!!!!

She was very nice to me as well although with her southern drawl I didn't understand a word she said lol. Actually she might have even told me to jump in a lake for all I know. :confused:

I hope they're not letting you check in early in order to help clean the rooms because of the staffing problems:eek:

LOL!!! :D

Nope - From the moment I wake up on Friday morning, until I get back the next Thursday night, I refuse to clean a single thing or cook a single dish!!! Mom is on VACATION!!! :D:D:D

Archived