any tips for first timers?

cruisekid13

Read these boards alot! Do alot of "searching", when you have questions, ask them... that is your best bet. What ship are you going on? When? What itinerary and what type of cabin? If you give some details about yourself, that might help for tips... there are just SOOOOOO many tips!!!! Don't set your expectations so high that you will be disappointed. Not everything is going to be perfect!!! Prepare for how much the cruise will REALLY cost and budget accordingly! Most of all, have a great time!

Welcome "aboard"!!

I too am a newbie and won't be sailing until June but I've learned SO MUCH from these boards . . . especially the ones that don't necessarily pertain to my ship. I can't count the number of times that I've read something here then though . . . glad someone asked that!!!!!!

On the top of the screen are areas to check for ship reviews and other information. It took me awhile to figure that one out so . . . just thought I would pass that along!!

Congrats on booking your first cruise!!!!

Kim

Start a Microsoft Word file named with your cruise date. Under that folder make files for each port you are visiting, flight itinerary, packing lists, etc. As you come across things here on cruise critic that you think might be of help later, select it...copy it...and file it in you Microsoft word folder. It is so much easier than trying to go back and find things later.

Patti

Everyone always says to take half the clothes and twice the money! :D

Seriously, you can cut down on your packing if you can mix and match your clothes to make several different outfits. Also keeps down the number of shoes. When you pack, if you're with another person, cross pack. In other words, pack half of your clothes in one suitcase with half of theirs and do the same for the next suitcase. That way, if you lose a piece of luggage, you won't be totally without clothes.

Bring around $20.00 to $30.00 in single dolloar bills so you can tip the room service server.

Power surge strip

Plastic Over the door hanging shoe organizer, this comes in so handy for your shoes

Night lightw/room freshner the cabins tender to get a funny smell.

Hair dryer

Hope this helps:)

Archived