Birth Certificates

I got my kids birth certificates and they do not have raised seals. They are certified , but the seals aren't raised. I called a number and was told that that state doesn't do raised seals. I have read so much about needing raised seals that I am nervous. We are going on the 20th of June on western caribbean. Will we be ok? We live in a different state than the one they were born.

Can't answer your question, but if it makes you feel any better, I just got a birth certificate for my mother-in-law and it does not have a raised seal either. This must be something new.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til Enchantment of the Seas cruise!!!

Forgive me for possibly asking a dumb question but if they do not have the seal, how do you know they are certified?

I have never heard of a certified birth certificate without a raised seal.

Kelly

My Cruise Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/kfrancis5

Cruise Critic Partae Pirates Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Mariner of the Seas Reali-Tini Cruise 10/16/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sovereign of the Seas, Cabin #4057 - 9/21/03

Brilliance of the Seas, Cabin #8670 - 11/09/2002

Paradise, Cabin E194 - 09/01/2001

Atlantic, 12/1991

Many states do not "raise" the seal on a birth certificate, I'm sure yours will be fine. My daughters birth certificate was accepted with an application for a passport, it had no raised seal.

Her original birth certificate was not acceptable, it was issued at a time the state was using a "abtract copy of birth" instead of the more expensive bc. That "abstract" did work to get her on her first 4 cruises, though.

Kathy

Your good to go as long as there certified. The following from RCI.

In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original, notarized copy or certified copy), plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state or local government agency is required.

Todd

Norway 7/87

Inspration 01/99

Galaxy 01/00

Ocean Princess 10/00

Ocean Princess 12/00

Enchatment of the Seas 04/01

Dawn Princess 10/01

Dawn Princess 12/01 14 days

Explorer of the Seas 08/02

Spirit 01/03

Adventure of the Seas 02/04

Serenade of the Seas 04/04

You're fine as long as they are "certified". Does it have a watermark or special "multi-colored" paper? Mine and my son's BC says "This is a true certification of name and birth facts as recorded by the bureau of vital records". My husband's says "This is a true and correct copy of the official record on file in the offfice of Vital Statistics". If you have anything like that AND you definitley got it from the state, you're fine.

Beth

Radiance 7/03

I don't know about Florida but in Ohio, anyone can get a state photo ID from the same agency that issues the driver's license. My mother got one after she gave up her driver's license and a friend's underage kids have them for ID at the airport. I didn't know about them until my kids already had passports so I've never bothered.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;18;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until the Voyager of the Seas

I have not seen anything in writing from the cruise lines, customs or TSA but on our last cruise out of SJU 4/3/04 A TSA person said July 1 a picture ID would be required for kids. I ask what type and he said any government or school ID would be fine. I don't know if this is going to happen or not and if so what are all the details. Just thought I would pass it along.

Todd

Norway 7/87

Inspration 01/99

Galaxy 01/00

Ocean Princess 10/00

Ocean Princess 12/00

Dawn Princess 10/01

Spirit 01/03

Picture IDs are not required for children under 16 years old per RCCL web site.

Domestic Sailing Requirements:

U.S. Citizens: A passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended as it will speed-up your check-in formalities as well as your departure procedures with government officials (if you would like to find out how to obtain a passport, you can do so at the U.S.Department of State Passport Services and Information website). In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original, notarized copy or certified copy), plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state or local government agency is required. A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship. Children under 16 years of age do not require a picture ID. Visas are not required for U.S. citizens.

Upcoming Cruises

Voyager of the Seas in August 2004

Diamond Princess in February 2005

They changed the birth/death certificates here in Ohio to not have the raised seal anymore. What they have is a watermark. Hold the paper up and you should be able to see it. Also it's computerized now with a regular stamp on it as well.

It should work out fine for you. I thought the same thing when I had to pick up some death certificates for my parents recently and they explained the new system.

For ID's.. Definately get picture ID's for your kids landshark. They can be obtained at your state BMV.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

Hucc ... Yea I know the RCI has not changed on picture ID'S but has anybody else heard of any changes for kids July 1?

Todd

Norway 7/87

Inspration 01/99

Galaxy 01/00

Ocean Princess 10/00

Ocean Princess 12/00

Dawn Princess 10/01

Spirit 01/03

We got passports for our daughters, who were 8 and 16 at the time. Soooo much easier to travel using them, than to worry about the birth certificates and picture IDs. From age 16 and up, they're good for 10 years; younger than 16 they're good for only 5 years. Have to renew the little one's this year. (Well, not so little now... icon_smile.gif)

Chris

Adventure of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;5;29;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Went on a cruise last December and did the preregister on Royal Carribean web site. Listed everyones birth cert number and the other info they wanted. When we arrived to check in at the dock the computer had all the birth certs online. They didn't even want to see them. We did go to city hall and get copies that were certified.

Coincidentally, DH just checked out getting "ID only" picture IDs @ PA transportation dept. for our kids (11 & 14) We figured it wouldn't be a bad thing to have... turns out You need to be 16years old or older. Doesn't help us out any, but at least we know!

'95 Carnival Sensation

4/28/97 RCCL Sovereign of the Seas

7/01 Celebrity Horizon

6/02 Norwegian Sea

6/22/03 Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

... till 6/20/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

<MARQUEE>Cruising is the only way to go... who stands opposed?</MARQUEE>

We travel with birth certs. I always bring my marriage license as well because of the name difference, and have NEVER been asked to see it. I'll continue to bring it with me though... better safe than sorry icon_biggrin.gif

A

'95 Carnival Sensation

4/28/97 RCCL Sovereign of the Seas

7/01 Celebrity Horizon

6/02 Norwegian Sea

6/22/03 Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

... till 6/20/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

<MARQUEE>Cruising is the only way to go... who stands opposed?</MARQUEE>

Archived